• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I realised that later. Asif has bowled quite a few unplayable balls to Clarke and others, so I got mixed up.

EDIT: Hmmm now that I watch it I'm not sure that ball was unplayable. It was a pretty awful shot to be playing under the conditions. Lot of batsman-assistance in that wicket.

Swannyg66 Well we came third in that one. But we'll be back at the mcg. Hope the snow is making it a magical Christmas back in blighty
Got that right :laugh:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Doesn't mince his words Swanny.

I've never seen Australia so Jekyll & Hyde as this series.

Hussey is a nuisance, man

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, looking at:

Twatto
Hussey
Johnson
Harris

Mainly those guys.

If we can get Hussey early in Melbourne, I think we'll win. Unfortunately it's a HUGE if.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
If truth be told though very rarely will it be a large majority of the team that makes a significant contribution to a win.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, looking at:

Twatto
Hussey
Johnson
Harris

Mainly those guys.

If we can get Hussey early in Melbourne, I think we'll win. Unfortunately it's a HUGE if.
Unless someone else in Oz's top 6 puts their hand up and starts scoring runs, it's odds on that Eng will be in a very good position to win at least one of the last 2 matches as Watto and Huss cannot carry them every time

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If truth be told though very rarely will it be a large majority of the team that makes a significant contribution to a win.
Yeah and I certainly don't mean to take anything away from you horrible ****s, er sorry, just slipped out.

Just unusual to see such discrepancies in the performances, particularly of the batsmen.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean with any team. Having one or two players in better form than the rest is one thing, but we've literally ran through everyone bar those two for most of the series.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gutted I missed out on this morning sessions, but so so happy with the way it panned out. Johnson/Harris have been superb this match, just fingers crossed the 2 other bowlers picked for boxing day step up to the plate as well. Will be intruiging to see who they pick, as I very much doubt they'll go for 4 seamers again. Tipping Hilfenhaus (more economical than Moobs) and Beer, but nothing would surprise me really. Be nice for a couple other batsmen to score some runs as well. Game on :)

Think this win feels even more special given it was Johnson who turned it all around for us. WAG he is.

howardj

International Coach
Well done Australia.

Shaping up like 2005 and 2009, in the sense that each Test match is an island unto itself, and there is no continuum in terms of momentum or ascendency from one Test to the next.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Australia, totally gubbed us here.

Didn't get up today as it was -19 in my area so knew house would be cold and cricket wouldn't last long. Fairweather fan i guess.:laugh: