Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 162 of 341 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 5106
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: *Official* Third Test at the WACA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Warnie interviewing Susan Boyle on his chat show now.

She may be the only Englishwoman he's met on this trip who he hasn't thrown a leg over.
    She isn't English, she is a sweaty sock.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Yeah, while some of the ****e bowling so far in this series has been to do with poor strategies (e.g. Siddle always bowling too short, or on the pads), most of it has been to do with bad execution. For some reason our bowlers just can't maintain the right line and length for an entire over. I don't really understand why England can do it, while we can't.
    It's like primary school stuff putting 6 balls on the off side
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Yeah, while some of the ****e bowling so far in this series has been to do with poor strategies (e.g. Siddle always bowling too short, or on the pads), most of it has been to do with bad execution. For some reason our bowlers just can't maintain the right line and length for an entire over. I don't really understand why England can do it, while we can't.
    I guess they have confidence from how well their batsmen are doing, confidence in their fielders and also Anderson and Swann are at the top of their games. The others can feed off these two. Our lack of a leader of the bowling attack is hurting big time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Without ****stirring we used to say exactly the same through the 90's and early 00's about our attack. I guess if the bowlers aren't good enough they just aren't good enough.

I must admit i was surprised how easily we got through the 12 overs tonight, thought we would lose a couple of wickets but apart from the odd ball the bowling was once again all over the shop.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    It's like primary school stuff putting 6 balls on the off side
    Yeah, this is the most frustrating part. A decent bowler playing club cricket can generally put 6 around off-stump most of the time. These guys play this game for a living and get well paid...looks like at least 3 hours practice a day should be re-devoted to bowling a line around off-stump and on a good length.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Against a much, much better team 4 years ago though. What happened in 2006 to England has absolutely no relevance against this Australian team. If the bowlers land 2 balls in the same area (and it's not Warney landing them on Liz Hurley) then they've achieved something.
    Aye, I know, but until you've conquered your demons, they remain. A bit like what you and Burge were saying re Anderson prior to the series - his record last time would have been playing on his mind - it won't be anymore, I wouldn't have thought, but you get my point.

Because we're better at cricket, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Yeah, this is the most frustrating part. A decent bowler playing club cricket can generally put 6 around off-stump most of the time. These guys play this game for a living and get well paid...looks like at least 3 hours practice a day should be re-devoted to bowling a line around off-stump and on a good length.
    Almost all 1st grade bowlers could bowl a better line, especially in NSW

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Aye, I know, but until you've conquered your demons, they remain. A bit like what you and Burge were saying re Anderson prior to the series - his record last time would have been playing on his mind - it won't be anymore, I wouldn't have thought, but you get my point.

Because we're better at cricket, duh

Fair enough. They should be well and truly conquered after this series!

England are certainly much better at bowling decent lines and having simple plans for the batsman. 1000 times better.

I think our plan to try to get Trott to hit it in the air through mid-wicket and the bowler's following up with half-volleys and **** down leg-side is a fine example of Australia trying to get too fancy and failing massively.

Was a poorly thought out plan to begin with in my opinion.

Doesn't help that all our batsmen just go fishing outside off stump. While trying to take as much possible away from the English bowlers, we really aided our own downfall tremendously

It's all a bit 'grey and hopeless'

YouTube - A Bit of Fry and Laurie - Grey and Hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    I guess they have confidence from how well their batsmen are doing, confidence in their fielders and also Anderson and Swann are at the top of their games. The others can feed off these two. Our lack of a leader of the bowling attack is hurting big time.
    Yeah I think it has to be a confidence thing. You could argue that England just have better bowlers, but even if that's true I don't think it would be by a large margin at all. I mean, the English bowlers don't have outstanding overall records at all - if they were really that much better than the Aus bowlers surely their records would indicate that.

I have to admit though I haven't watched too much of England play against other teams than Australia, are they bowling much better than normal in this series? Or is it that Australia are bowling much worse than normal?

Or are Australia batting woefully?

Doesn't help that all our batsmen just go fishing outside off stump. While trying to take as much possible away from the English bowlers, we really aided our own downfall tremendously
    Yeah, today's batting was terrible from Australia as well. If they'd have played sensibly before lunch it would've been so much easier after for them. Didn't make England bowl overly well for wickets.

Or are Australia batting woefully?
    That doesn't directly affect the bowling though. I mean just in terms of consistancy and bowling in the right areas.

Yeah I think it has to be a confidence thing. You could argue that England just have better bowlers, but even if that's true I don't think it would be by a large margin at all. I mean, the English bowlers don't have outstanding overall records at all - if they were really that much better than the Aus bowlers surely their records would indicate that.

I have to admit though I haven't watched too much of England play against other teams than Australia, are they bowling much better than normal in this series? Or is it that Australia are bowling much worse than normal?
    The only bowler playing in this Test who doesn't have a good record is Anderson (and it's now approaching acceptable). His record over the past 2-3 years is very good.

The other three bowlers all average under 30. Admittedly for two of them that's a small sample size, but if you wish to judge by record, then I don't think anything we've done so far is unexpected.

Thread Information