• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He can't change it swinging from the hand. But he can pitch it up to a bit fuller than a length. And, you know, bowl it at off-stump.
Reckon Chappelli and Slats were talking some sense about him, at least as a variation, changing his release point.

Wow, what a cod from Johnson!

EDIT: Looks like he was beaten for pace more than anything.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Haddin :laugh:

That was like that weird guy who laughs during the most serious and moving line in a film.

...And holy mother of **** that was a beaut.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Hilfenhaus is really starting to get boring. He is so often considered 'unlucky', but the fact is his type of bowling just doesn't take wickets. Too much early swing...
Weren't you saying 2 tests ago that Hilfenhaus struggles because the other bowlers weren't bowling well enough, and that if they bowled better, he'd take more wickets?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Someone's found Johnson's on switch, clearly. If he could bowl like this regularly he'd be up there with Steyn.

If this is the result of being dropped Oz should do it more often.

hazsa19

International Regular
That late swing is just unplayable. Bell's shot was a reaction to it coming back, he was looking to leave it then thought **** i better play this.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wow, pitch looks ordinary, ball soft, bowlers ordinary, fielding crap all day.
umpire should call wides for this sort of bowling
Most annoying thing about that is Siddle gets a wicket for pathetic bowling and Ponting looks good for pathetic tactics.
nah i'm not buying it. The surprise bouncer is always more effective. He got lucky.
Haddin enjoys appealing by himself.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didnt agree with the tactics adopted by Siddle against Prior, mainly because he looked ****e in any event

But it was a plan and it worked so I dont really see how people can be overly critical

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hilfenhaus is doing a good job here, keeping some pressure on at one end and allowing Johnson and others to attack from the other.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bell looks so good ATM, has to be one of the best players in the world right now. Agree with Gower and Beefy too, should definitely move up to '5.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I didnt agree with the tactics adopted by Siddle against Prior, mainly because he looked ****e in any event

But it was a plan and it worked so I dont really see how people can be overly critical
Have to give credit to Ponting, I suppose. To a man the Sky comms were saying it was a poo tactic, but the ptoof of the pudding...