• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You think he bowled well in the last Ashes? Don't know anyone else who does tbh.

I'm sorry but from what I've seen the last word I would use with Johnson is consistent
. If he clicks like today or Headingly he can win you a game if he doesn't click it is so bad can lose you a game like at Lords. Again from what I've seen looks very little inbetween.
You'd be wrong then. Aside from the 5 match spell that included the pakistan series, 2nd match vs India (he bowled well enough in the first test) and the first test of this series, the one thing he has done above all else is take wickets on a regular basis, which as a bowler is his top priority. Whether or not people think he is bowling well is a matter that is always going to cause arguments, but fact is, he consistently takes wickets. Anyone who tries to refute that is just plain wrong.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you think he needs pitches with a bit of juice in them thinking of success in South Africa, Perth & Headingly?
He needs Dennis Lillee.

His approach is straight, he's running through the crease and is more upright.

But I think the pitch helps. Mind you, so many England supporters said here it was now a road and was flat.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You'd be wrong then. Aside from the 5 match spell that included the pakistan series, 2nd match vs India (he bowled well enough in the first test) and the first test of this series, the one thing he has done above all else is take wickets on a regular basis, which as a bowler is his top priority. Whether or not people think he is bowling well is a matter that is always going to cause arguments, but fact is, he consistently takes wickets. Anyone who tries to refute that is just plain wrong.

Er... so you're arguing consistentcy by removing all the matches where that doesn't fit?

Which just so happens to be 4 of his 5 previous matches to this one?

How on earth can you pick out two very good (or even decent) preformances out of six, and say that it shows, of all things, consistency?

simmy

International Regular
The one thing about this session....

Even though Australia utterly dominated... it really was only Johnson. Just need to bat time and bat "the other end"

chalky

International Debutant
He needs Dennis Lillee.

His approach is straight, he's running through the crease and is more upright.

But I think the pitch helps. Mind you, so many England supporters said here it was now a road and was flat.
Has he been working with Lillee Sky were crediting Cooley with his improvement?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well this is weird, I just bumped into Bill Lawry at my local shops!!! Isnt he at Perth? Didnt know he lived anywhere near Diamond Creek, thought he was a Northcote man??

Burgey

Even though Australia utterly dominated... it really was only Johnson. Just need to bat time and bat "the other end"
Bit like session one yesterday with Tremlett then?

Howe_zat

Audio File

Too true. It wasn't total team dominance, it was one outstanding performance. Two huge questions for the next hour or so - one, can Johnson keep going; and two, can Prior bat like he has a brain?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Er... so you're arguing consistentcy by removing all the matches where that doesn't fit?

Which just so happens to be 4 of his 5 previous matches to this one?

How on earth can you pick out two very good (or even decent) preformances out of six, and say that it shows, of all things, consistency?
Perhaps I should have made it clear I wasn't talking about an isolated 6 match period.

My point is, throughout his career, above all else he has consistently taken wickets, aside from that recent 4/5 match period. It's what he does, people will always talk about how he may or may not be bowling well, and he still took wickets.

chalky

International Debutant
Heard it was both tbh. I credit Lillee though, because Cooley has had two years with him.

And because Lillee is God.
Meh David Saker is the man no doubt you lot will be pinching him off us just like you did Cooley :ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Perhaps I should have made it clear I wasn't talking about an isolated 6 match period.

My point is, throughout his career, above all else he has consistently taken wickets, aside from that recent 4/5 match period. It's what he does, people will always talk about how he may or may not be bowling well, and he still took wickets.
Well that makes a lot more sense. :cool:

Spikey

Well this is weird, I just bumped into Bill Lawry at my local shops!!! Isnt he at Perth? Didnt know he lived anywhere near Diamond Creek, thought he was a Northcote man??
Him and Richie didn't go over.

Got any Bill to upload?