• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Spark

Global Moderator
Good of Cook to just inquire briefly whether it was a clean catch then depart quietly.

Oooh sharp bounce. Niice.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I wouldn't bother putting two back for Trott - not this early anyway. Ask him to play the hook, leave the guys in and make him hit over them.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sigh, just when I thought Cook had shelved that kind of shot.

Johnson against the run of play, no matter what he's doing :dry:

Strauss & Trott bat well together, averaging over 70 I believe...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon the decision not to play Johnson in the Shield game has been vindicated. The coaches have obviously made an adjustment with his bowling technique, and finally we're seeing that swing we saw in that SA tour.

I can say I was wrong, because I was critical of them for not playing him.

Spark

Global Moderator
I reckon the decision not to play Johnson in the Shield game has been vindicated. The coaches have obviously made an adjustment with his bowling technique, and finally we're seeing that swing we saw in that SA tour.

I can say I was wrong, because I was critical of them for not playing him.
This isn't quite the swing he was getting in SA. It's shape and it makes him infinitely more dangerous but it's not the incredibly vicious late swing he was getting. He's basically unplayale when he gets that.

Yeah!

Love it, love it love it