• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

hazsa19

International Regular
Shoody captaincy to keep Finn on for as long as he did. Smacked of assuming that the last four wickets would fall soon enough and anything around 200-250 would be fine from an English pov. I think Aus will reckon they're potentially right in this if they get 250, whereas 150ao would have been a massive mountain for their bowlers to climb.
tbf I think Jimmeh and tremlett were off the field. And I really can't see 250 being a par score, i'm not saying England will pile on the runs, but so many Aussies got themselves out.

Spark

Global Moderator
tbf I think Jimmeh and tremlett were off the field. And I really can't see 250 being a par score, i'm not saying England will pile on the runs, but so many Aussies got themselves out.
He wasn't claiming it to be a par score, just it's not absolutely disastrous and considering we were 4/not many it's not as bad as it could be.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surely this is rank stupidity from Strauss. Fresh after the tea break, with only four wickets to fall, any fule knows that you unleash your best bowlers to try and clean up quickly. Instead, the batters can get their eye in against Collingwood.:@

hazsa19

International Regular
He wasn't claiming it to be a par score, just it's not absolutely disastrous and considering we were 4/not many it's not as bad as it could be.
Fair enough.

Amazing session of cricket, really bizarre, but very entertaining.

hazsa19

International Regular
Surely this is rank stupidity from Strauss. Fresh after the tea break, with only four wickets to fall, any fule knows that you unleash your best bowlers to try and clean up quickly. Instead, the batters can get their eye in against Collingwood.:@
:laugh: you're gonna feel a fool soon enough

Jacknife

International Captain
Shoddy captaincy to keep Finn on for as long as he did. Smacked of assuming that the last four wickets would fall soon enough and anything around 200-250 would be fine from an English pov. I think Aus will reckon they're potentially right in this if they get 250, whereas 150ao would have been a massive mountain for their bowlers to climb.

EDIT
And now Collingwood's on virtually straight after tea. WTF?????
Eh? They've just gone for tea.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good session from Australia but the Hussey wicket was obviously huge.

Am off to work now, will have to get cricinfo on the go. Expect to see us batting by close tbh.

Ruckus

International Captain
It going to be interesting to see what happens in the rest of this match, because as of now 250 looks to be about what we will achieve. That's essentially the same as at Adelaide, so the onus is going to be on the bowlers to put up a better performance than last time. The wicket really doesn't look that bad though (and is only going to get better), so I'd say at least 350 would be par.

Spark

Global Moderator
It going to be interesting to see what happens in the rest of this match, because as of now 250 looks to be about what we will achieve. That's essentially the same as at Adelaide, so the onus is going to be on the bowlers to put up a better performance than last time. The wicket really doesn't look that bad though (and is only going to get better), so I'd say at least 350 would be par.
Agree that 350 is par but at least it's 100 below par and not 250-300.

Ruckus

International Captain
Agree that 350 is par but at least it's 100 below par and not 250-300.
Yeah if we were rolled for <150, which looked somewhat possible at one stage, we would most likely have lost the game right there. At least a total of 250 (assuming we can get there!) still puts us in the game. That being said, though, it is seriously annoying to have the face the prospect that even if we bowl well the game will still likely be on even terms...

hazsa19

International Regular
strange...Broad on TMS is talking about sitting in for the new ball which is 26 overs away. Think Australia would be delighted with that.