• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
i know he's a nice guy n all but it's enfuriating to watch!

Is it something he's doing? Is he withdrawing at the last minute? Is he just not pushing at the ball so much?

I genuinely haven't seen someone play and miss so consistently.
Keeping the bat under his eye line, not chasing the ball, keeping compact... Quite reminiscent of Trescothick's tendency to play the line of the ball going across him, in fact. Something about the angle of the left hander, perhaps?

Liked that third man feature from Nass - sums up Smith technically. SURELY Haddin has to bat at six second time around? Otherwise it will just end up five-down with these two together again. Bloody hell, I wish we'd taken that run out...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, just got home, Go England ! I said it before & I'll say it again, S Broad was never going to be such a big loss for England & I see Tremlett's proved to be more than an adequate replacement already.

Meanwhile....poor old Punter can't buy a trick at the moment, while Hussey seems to continually play & miss without nicking, brutal game sometimes.
Dont know about that

Wicket seems to be flattening out (or maybe it's just the batsmen getting set) and Tremlett suddenly appears mortal

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keeping the bat under his eye line, not chasing the ball, keeping compact... Quite reminiscent of Trescothick's tendency to play the line of the ball going across him, in fact. Something about the angle of the left hander, perhaps?

Liked that third man feature from Nass - sums up Smith technically. SURELY Haddin has to bat at six second time around? Otherwise it will just end up five-down with these two together again. Bloody hell, I wish we'd taken that run out...
This.

Hussey is compact, like all decent top order left handers should be.

And tbf he's also back in fantastic form.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This partnership needs to be seriously big. They need to be here at the end of the day at least.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dont know about that

Wicket seems to be flattening out (or maybe it's just the batsmen getting set) and Tremlett suddenly appears mortal
I say that more based on the fact I consider Broad to be England's most overrated test cricketer. Honestly don't think they lose much with either Tremlett or Bresnan replacing him. Losing the likes of Swann or Anderson would be of much greater concern.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Horrifying thought: what if Hussey were dropped?

Got a lot to thank North for in not enforcing the follow on in that shield game.