• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attendances

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We're spoilt for cricket (and sport in general) here, so if the game looks boring people won't show up. It's not like England where you paid $400 for a ticket a year back.
They don't sell fifth day tickets ahead of the game, so they'll all be walk-ups in general. Less people will always go unless the match is on tenderhooks; people feel obliged to go when they already have a ticket.
TBF, not many of our venues sell 5th day tix and I've seen plenty of meandering games with a low-ish crowd in England. Not an Ashes Test or to the extent of Monday, but still.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
People aren't going to chuck a sickie at this stage of the year, need to save it up for the day after the Christmas parties.

Redbacks

International Captain
^^^ was considering one myself for Monday :cool:

It should be chaos in Adelaide tomorrow night. The train and tram drivers are going on strike from 5-9pm, oh well, good news for the local pubs and cabs.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Sucks if you're a cricket fan in the Western and Southern suburbs then. Not like a work stoppage on rail and tram services affects everyone :cool:

Bun

Banned
It's such a shame such a test series is not getting crowds. Cricke Australia is killing cricket as we know it.

pasag

RTDAS
It's such a shame such a test series is not getting crowds. Cricke Australia is killing cricket as we know it.
Well, if the second highest attendance ever for a Test match at the venue is "killing cricket as we know it" then long may it continue.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
And a bit of googling tells me that the first 3 days in Perth sold out as long ago as July.

Still no excuse for the crim locals not turning out for their team on Day 5 at the Gabba though :ph34r:

*gets coat and heads for the "Under the Lid" thread*

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
And a bit of googling tells me that the first 3 days in Perth sold out as long ago as July.

Still no excuse for the crim locals not turning out for their team on Day 5 at the Gabba though :ph34r:

*gets coat and heads for the "Under the Lid" thread*
The SCG will potentially be sold out for the first four days as well.