• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats RT Ponting

Debris

International 12th Man
Yeah, Mark Taylor's side in '98 was better than Ponting's teams as well, I reckon. Should not be held against him.
Any side with Mark Taylor in it is clearly better than any side without him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'll put it the diplomatic way

"He's been involved in some of my favourite moments since I've been following Test cricket :)"

It's not like I've said he's a bad player, or he's worse than Tendulkar, or that he scores his runs on home roads, or can't play spin.
I posted a few pictures of his career, I forgot that every innings he's ever played has been an unbeaten century and he's never been dismissed.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/ashes-2010-2011/48758-under-lid-thread.html

Keep it in there.

Redbacks

International Captain
A ton would be a great way to celebrate the milestone.

Love the ability to come out and counterpunch from No. 3. Nothing like Australia being 1/6 and then all of a sudden 1/30 with Ponting 20 off 15 etc.and back on the offensive during our great era.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thought Tony Greig said that Ponting was "chaired" onto the ground; not cheered.

And he's had a great start to the game.

Athlai

Not Terrible
A ton would be a great way to celebrate the milestone.

Love the ability to come out and counterpunch from No. 3. Nothing like Australia being 1/6 and then all of a sudden 1/30 with Ponting 20 off 15 etc.and back on the offensive during our great era.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

biased indian

International Coach
will retire at the end of the series if England win the ashes...asking this becuase surely aus will try to have new captain rite and will he play on under a new captain ?

Bun

Banned
will retire at the end of the series if England win the ashes...asking this becuase surely aus will try to have new captain rite and will he play on under a new captain ?
Yes, but it's long away. I reckon World Cup would be his last hurrah.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo informs me that Steve Waugh was out for a golden in his 150th, but Australia still went on to win.

Writing's on the wall then :cool:

bagapath

International Captain
cricinfo says the following too

"Ricky Ponting's first ball duck was his fifth in Tests. Four of them have come in the last two years."

Mirror, mirror.....

centurymaker

International Captain
cricinfo says the following too

"Ricky Ponting's first ball duck was his fifth in Tests. Four of them have come in the last two years."

Mirror, mirror.....
Ian chappell is a ****tard
he suggested that ponting retire from international cricket after the ashes defeat last year.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting will ton up in the next inning and you will know his name is the Lord, when he lays his vengeance upon them.

Riggins

International Captain
Great player. His swivel pull, like Lara's late cut or Sachin's straight drive, is one for the ages.

Can't help but think he'd be even more well reagarded had he never captained his team tho. Tactically and temperamentally he's sometimes come up short.
Reallly agree with both statements, especially the first. With regard to the second I wish Warne had been made skip instead back in the day, and kept playing til now when he can pass on this love boy Clarkey (love Clarkey aswell) We can all dream Hey!!

bagapath

International Captain
instead of a 0 and 9, i wish ponting had scored at least a 15 and 0 to mark his 150th test.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reallly agree with both statements, especially the first. With regard to the second I wish Warne had been made skip instead back in the day, and kept playing til now when he can pass on this love boy Clarkey (love Clarkey aswell) We can all dream Hey!!
This.

If Warne had have been made captain then I think he would still probably be playing today. An extra 4-5 years of Warne magic would have really been nice.

Bun

Banned
This.

If Warne had have been made captain then I think he would still probably be playing today. An extra 4-5 years of Warne magic would have really been nice.
I don't think even he would've survived the six tests in India, although 2009 Ashes results would've been affected.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well at least he'll always remember his 150th test, one way or the other :ph34r:

Surely he'll score some runs in his 151st. Would be un-Ponting like not to with his team up against it.