• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Furball

Evil Scotsman
More David Warner than Botha or Smith for mine.

Trott's 3rd Test against Australia, could he possibly make it 3 straight centuries? That'd be one hell of a start to an Ashes career!
I'd go with that, first time I saw him on camera I though Australia were using Warner as a 12th man for some reason.

I reckon Stevie Smith was fired face first out of a cannon into a wall when he was born.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thought he looked like Warner as well. You wonder how the SA selectors could overlook Trott, though oddly enough he did struggle a bit in SA last summer.
When was the last time Trott actually played franchise cricket? UIMM he's been over in England exclusively for a while now.

pskov

International 12th Man
Has it been pointed out yet that the only player Australia have dismissed in three and a bit days in the field is Andrew Strauss?

TumTum

Banned
Well we need to make 700 runs in our 2nd innings to save the match. If England win in Perth too (which is very likely) than England retain the Ashes. And good on them, they have been the better side by a long long way.

Coming from A) An Aussie B) Someone who just wrote a sentence composed of two words.
:laugh:
What an idiot.

91Jmay

International Coach
Well we need to make 700 runs in our 2nd innings to save the match. If England win in Perth too (which is very likely) than England retain the Ashes. And good on them, they have been the better side by a long long way.

What an idiot.
touche

Briony

International Debutant
Trott still has to make more runs in a hurry to top Hussey's average early in his career. It was topping eighty and only started going down when he started somewhat of a protracted slump. It dipped under fifty but he's resurrected it after the past couple of innings.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trott still has to make more runs in a hurry to top Hussey's average early in his career. It was topping eighty and only started going down when he started somewhat of a protracted slump. It dipped under fifty but he's resurrected it after the past couple of innings.
Way this attack is going he might get there.:laugh:

Hussey was helped with not outs too batting lower down the order. Trott doesn't get them at 3, unless we are 517-1 of course.

pskov

International 12th Man
Looked out live tbf.

Wow, shocking decision from the umpire there. Nowhere near his glove or bat.