• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nigh on perfectly. Identical balls to Ponting and Clarke, full and an offstump line, moving away late enough to take a healthy edge.

Shot.
Just saw the replays. Very nice deliveries to get rid of Ponting and Clarke. Won't take the 'Trott defense' and blame Clarke for playing the shot he did. Was a good ball in a good area that made him play.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So Anderson's the second best fast bowler in the world, I guess?
Has been in the top 3 for a while tbh.

Steyn, Anderson and Zaheer Khan would be my pace trio if I was selecting a world XI right now. Johnson would've been in it but has fallen away quite dramatically in the last 6 months.

Spark

Global Moderator
It wasn't a great shot, though, but a brilliant delivery. Even had he played a defensive shot he probably would've nicked it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just saw the replays. Very nice deliveries to get rid of Ponting and Clarke. Won't take the 'Trott defense' and blame Clarke for playing the shot he did. Was a good ball in a good area that made him play.
He's still so stiff legged when he plays forward at the moment though.

pup11

International Coach
Whatever people say about the Anderson deliveries, as vic said Clarke is looking stiff as hell and there is no reason why he should be playing in such a vital series.

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad getting a little greedy there. Tried to go for the killer ball and got flicked to fine leg

Jacknife

International Captain
Hard luck that from broad,got Watson driving and edged it past gully.He seems to be getting a nice bit of movement in the air.

Last edited:

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
So I wonder. 3fer what would bring Australia back on par? Me thinks 3/230.

400 is a "par" score at Adelaide.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is that, as I think, because he's late?
You watch him move his feet, and he's landing on his heel, with the front of his foot in the air, and rocking through the front leg (often after he's actually made contact with the ball) rather than having his weight through the front leg. Think he's late because of how he's moving his feet, rather than the way that you suggest it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's something slightly funny about Broad's action. He seems to throw his front arm out to the side during delivery. Doesn't seem to affect his accuracy too much though going on this over.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Hussey holding our Ashes campaign together at the moment. I would never have expected 9 days ago that we would be so heavily relying on the ageing warrior.

Spark

Global Moderator
You watch him move his feet, and he's landing on his heel, with the front of his foot in the air, and rocking through the front leg (often after he's actually made contact with the ball) rather than having his weight through the front leg. Think he's late because of how he's moving his feet, rather than the way that you suggest it.
Fair enough. I just reckon the way he's playing the short ones at the moment indicates he's having trouble picking the ball up. Without a doubt his feet are stuck though and as such he's all over the shop. Having said that, you're always going to be a little stuck early on and he got a pearler...

Smashed!