• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone think we should get Swann on a bit earlier would like to see him have at least 3 overs before lunch especially with Watson batting.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watto's looked so much more solid than Hussey but that's to be expected, he's a much better starter. Huss could quite quickly start to look pretty ominous once he's set.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone think we should get Swann on a bit earlier would like to see him have at least 3 overs before lunch especially with Watson batting.
Yeah it'd be good for Swann to come on with batsmen under pressure. But they still will be until lunch at least I suppose.

Woodster

International Captain
What a first hour with plenty happening. Three quick wickets, dropped catch, one not quite reaching Swann in slip, some nice driving from Watson, Hussey intelligently rotating the strike with gentle pushes into the off side, and excellent lines and lengths from England. Not forgetting a warning for Jimmy aswell.

The tendency is to get quite greedy when you take a few quick ones. It looks very good for batting now the balls that bit older. Patience is required now, from Finn especially. He has been fuller, half-volley length really, than at Brisbane. His pace looks good but really needs to hone in on that testing length.

Hope we have a look at Swanny before lunch, enough grass out there to encourage him. Five down at lunch would be a dream.

pasag

RTDAS
Horrible. Thought this might happen, even posted it last night, but still painful when it does. Hope DCYE is right.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
This is what Test Cricket is all about (and not just because I'm English) the bowling is really good and testing in general but the aussies aren't backing down and are playing their shots.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me dead...glad we won the toss and got off to a good start! :laugh:

Hopefully these two bat alright for a while and get us back on an even keel. How did Jimmy bowl? Just got back home so missed the start. Am assuming he bowled pretty well. I can't help but find it amusing that Broad still looks like a 12 year old when his picture flashes up on the screen before he bowls. Just hoping he bowls like one today too.

Last edited: