• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm fairly sure players have been allows to replace others in county cricket in similar circumstances. Seem to remember Jon Lewis doing it.
Its crap but I was being more tongue in cheek in my criticism of Shield cricket rather than being serious. More the Aussie pundit way of pointing out any weakness in the County system. The County system is annoying where players are taken away from important FC games to play meaningless friendly A Team games.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Its crap but I was being more tongue in cheek in my criticism of Shield cricket rather than being serious. More the Aussie pundit way of pointing out any weakness in the County system. The County system is annoying where players are taken away from important FC games to play meaningless friendly A Team games.
I see. Fair enough :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gahhhhh go **** yourself Hilditch and your bunch of ****ty selectors. How can a bloke still be selected after averaging 36 from 20 Tests!????? HE'S ****ING USELESS!!!

Had to be done. So, so, so frustrating. Just completely boggles the mind that a bloke can still be picked despite having a mediocre FC record and being even more mediocre in Tests, all while being on the wrong side of 30 and showing absolutely no signs of improvement.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Gahhhhh go **** yourself Hilditch and your bunch of ****ty selectors. How can a bloke still be selected after averaging 36 from 20 Tests!????? HE'S ****ING USELESS!!!

Had to be done. So, so, so frustrating. Just completely boggles the mind that a bloke can still be picked despite having a mediocre FC record and being even more mediocre in Tests, all while being on the wrong side of 30 and showing absolutely no signs of improvement.
Mate he's a good all round player and an important member of the team

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

The mate that I have the bet on for Melbourne is trying to argue that 36 is good for a lower order batsmen. Bout to have a stroke

0RI0N

State 12th Man

He's better than some NZ mud batsmen: How,Sinclair,Horne & associates.
But yeah he's got to go, MJ too.
I expect The Bollinger to get picked for Adelaide

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate he's a good all round player and an important member of the team
He's well respected around the team and he's got the support of Ricky. It's just a bit of a dry spell but we're confident he'll return to form next match. He's been really putting in the extra effort so it's just a matter of time

(He = North, Johnson)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
He's well respected around the team and he's got the support of Ricky. It's just a bit of a dry spell but we're confident he'll return to form next match. He's been really putting in the extra effort so it's just a matter of time

(He = North, Johnson)
Yeah he's just temporarily out of form. He'll be right

DragonPunk

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dougeh has taken three for NSW, so hopefully he gets picked and maybe changing Hilfy for Harris and we SHOULD take 20 wickets.

morgieb

Yeah I agree, it's a farce. People wonder why there are no crowds at Shield games - I'm confident that the Shield would get a lot more support uf Cricket Australia treated it like a national competition and not just a place to pick Test cricketers from.
Which is the way that it should be imo. Not worth being a county style tournament unless we get more teams in there somehow.

Yes, I know it sounds like a **** attitude to have, but the states are supposed to produce good cricketers for Australia, rather than just to win comps.

Spikey

Yeah he's just temporarily out of form. He'll be right
"I mean this is a guy who once you take away all his scores below 100, averages 235 against England. That's pretty impressive. Wouldn't you agree? Who do you suggest we pick?"

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which is the way that it should be imo. Not worth being a county style tournament unless we get more teams in there somehow.

Yes, I know it sounds like a **** attitude to have, but the states are supposed to produce good cricketers for Australia, rather than just to win comps.
Nah DWTA completely.