• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd have this team for Adelaide:

Katich
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke (Ferguson if not fit)
White
Haddin
Hauritz
Harris
Bollinger
Hilfenhaus

12th George

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I hit my head against a brick wall when depth of batting is a concern in relation to picking our best bowlers

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My team for Adelaide

Katich
Watto
King Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Khawaja - Yes, it's a gamble, don't give a ****. It's time to take a risk
Haddin
Harris
Bollinger
Copeland
Siddle

So over this mentality that we have to play a spinner. We don't have Warne anymore. Play your best 4 bowlers regardless of whether they are pace or spin.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didnt see anything after tea yesterday, but factoring in little swing in Adelaide, Harris and Dougeh for Johnson and Hilf.

Dougeh!

Dougeh.

Burgey

My team for Adelaide

Katich
Watto
King Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Khawaja - Yes, it's a gamble, don't give a ****. It's time to take a risk
Haddin
Harris
Bollinger
Copeland
Siddle

So over this mentality that we have to play a spinner. We don't have Warne anymore. Play your best 4 bowlers regardless of whether they are pace or spin.
Mate how is Usman a risk? Next to North, my 88 year old grandmother isn't a risk.

She has a fair cover drive tbf.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mate how is Usman a risk? Next to North, my 88 year old grandmother isn't a risk.

She has a fair cover drive tbf.
Failed a couples times recently tbf. Even so, I'd still play him.

edit. I don't think he's a risk as such. But others may so I put it there

Burgey

What happened in the Shield match? Someone said Dougeh and Hauritz got wickets.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's poor scheduling really, why they didn't have all three shield games concluding on the same day as the test match and therefore gauge the performance of all players playing is really a mystery.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And people criticise County Cricket. At least it is a real tournament without faffing around like this.
I'm fairly sure players have been allows to replace others in county cricket in similar circumstances. Seem to remember Jon Lewis doing it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And people criticise County Cricket. At least it is a real tournament without faffing around like this.
Yeah I agree, it's a farce. People wonder why there are no crowds at Shield games - I'm confident that the Shield would get a lot more support uf Cricket Australia treated it like a national competition and not just a place to pick Test cricketers from.

Last edited:

joels344

U19 Debutant
Hopefully another draw doesn't occur at Adelaide. If Australia can bring Bollinger into the bowling mix and get rid of Johnson, they might have a chance at victory. As much as I like Ben Hilfenhaus, he needs to go as well.

Burgey

Yeah I agree, it's a farce. People wonder why there are no crowds at Shield games - I'm confident that the Shield would get a lot more support uf Cricket Australia treated it like a national competition and not just a place to pick Test cricketers from.
Haven't been crowds at the Shield since Bradman retired.