Page 27 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    TV over here just said they're sticking with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Hilf will probably still play tbh - may not though.

tbh I'd have dropped Hilf before Johnson - Hilf bowled fair rubbish and even when he bowls good he doesn't take a lot of wickets. At least with Johnson he can still take wickets with rubbish balls.
    Yeah that's true, by the sounds of it he is likely to play. Really don't get that though, because it will probably be a very flat pitch in hot Adelaide conditions. He is mainly a swing bowler, and I doubt there will be any swing on offer.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tridibans View Post
    Wow! Cook and company might be itching at the prospects of an even more toothless aussie attack....

Teeth not a prerequisite for wicket-taking ability, I think you'll find...
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Furious, eh? Good. Now direct that anger against whoever WA is playing next.

Too few people realise that being dropped can sometimes be the spark/impetus that a player needs to really take it to the next level. Look at Katich. Clarke. Hayden. Ponting himself. The list goes on...
    bingo.
    its the bottom line, fear based, impatient mentality in the current team. they dont understand this - they think its all about 'making the team' and everythign will be sweet- instead they should be concentrating on being the best cricketers they can, no matter what.

thats why i like bolly n harris- they seem to know their game well, and harris himself said that his fc match last week was more important to him then the gabba test- good attitude.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vicleggie View Post
    the only reason aus had such a good home record as of late was that they were bloody well prepared when the touring team landed. now, theyre not. they have no idea what theyre doing, are in denial and are poorly led, by both the captain and the 'coach'.
    Well, that and the fact they had some of the best players in the last two decades going around. No amount of preparation will make our current batch play in the same manner.

Agree on England being potentially the stronger of the two outfits. Could easily see Australia going down if things don't change. Having said that, we were inconsistent in England last year too, things could quite easily change around this test.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Furious, eh? Good. Now direct that anger against whoever WA is playing next.

Too few people realise that being dropped can sometimes be the spark/impetus that a player needs to really take it to the next level. Look at Katich. Clarke. Hayden. Ponting himself. The list goes on...
    Yeah I agree.

As long as he's furious and not shocked...surely he must've seen it coming when he was moping around the Gabba during the test bowling a steaming pile of ****.

If the report is true, not wanting to bowl to the team before the next test is pretty piss poor (unless it interferes with the domestic schedule of course). It seems getting dropped is ok for some but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    Hauritz didn't really bowl against a strong side for those wickets....i wouldn't be rushing to recall him yet.
    I could understand this if he got Beer, Hogan, Mitch Marsh out, but he got the two key batsman in Shaun Marsh and Voges out. Good signs for Hauritz.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    I'd lay a twenty on less than 25 wickets falling this Test.

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    I'd lay a twenty on less than 25 wickets falling this Test.
    I'd take that. Lightning twice, etc...
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Will be interesting with declarations as well. I doubt we'll see too many adventurous first innings declarations and setting a total will also be highly conservative. Hell, could see the first team ever chasing down 500 to win the match late next week.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Well, that and the fact they had some of the best players in the last two decades going around. No amount of preparation will make our current batch play in the same manner.

fair enough
    but even warne himself has said that the difference between someoen that plays 1 test and someoen that plays 100 tests is their attitude towards their training, preparation and their motivation to become the best cricketer THEY POSSIBLY CAN BE

i dont think this current lot have the right attitude. for the ashes and looking past that in the future- have seen it coming for a while- was evident in india.

just seem to not be adequately prepared and planned for whats coming. ie jonson, clarke, the way theyve dealt with spinners, north .

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    He's dropped, according to Sports News First. Hilfy apparently working with a questionable hamstring too.
    Johnson is expected to return to his adopted state of Western Australia and he will, ironically, play against his old state Queensland in a one-day 50-overs-a-side match at the WACA in Perth on Friday.
    **** off. It would only be ironic if all the batsmen in the QLD side were English, they were playing at the Gabba, on an identical pitch, and he takes a 10-fer

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Bad feeling about this game, reckon Aus will rack up 600+ if they bat first and from then on its not so much about the pitch but whether we can stand up to the pressure. Hope we win the toss and bat
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    He's dropped, according to Sports News First. Hilfy apparently working with a questionable hamstring too.
    Johnson is understood to have been furious at his omission and indicated that he would not train with the Aussies in the Adelaide nets in the besieged teamís last full workout before an optional session on Thursday, the day before the match starts.
    What a ****ing prima donna. Should realise that bowling turd tends to get you dropped,
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzamann View Post
    **** off. It would only be ironic if all the batsmen in the QLD side were English, they were playing at the Gabba, on an identical pitch, and he takes a 10-fer
    Yeah, that pissed me off too. There is literally no interpretation of irony that could mean that would fit.

Thread Information