Khawaja
    Clarke
    White
    Paine
    O'Keefe
    Johnson
    Copeland
    Harris
    No Haddin? Cosgrove's too fat to get picked. Why shouldn't Watson open? That's side's too young imo.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    So Swanneh......
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    It's only because they've been spoiled mate. A lot of supporters aren't old enough to recall the bad old days
    Nor am I. Not much of an excuse IMO.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Can't see Poontang going till after we have won the series as he will cling to the hope he can turn it round. Just can't see how Australia can win 2 of the last 3 tests when they have only taken 16 wickets in 2 games. How the hell are they going to get 20 in a match when England have so many players in form and they are not under pressure now and can bat for as long as they like without having to force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    No Haddin? Cosgrove's too fat to get picked. Why shouldn't Watson open? That's side's too young imo.
    It's not about age, it's about test match experience. Most of our 28-34 blokes don't have much anyway apart from the ones that are already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    But most of all they have to survive the public, because **** me a lot of the public are acting like spoilt, whiny toerags right now.
    It's pretty hard to be philisophical about that though. This test was abject. There was abject selection, abject bowling and abject doesn't even begin to describe the batting. All done with a team who is aging, but considered the best 11 we have available. There is pretty much not a single positive from the game other than Hussey not being finished and Harris perhaps showing he has it in him to play at this level.

If it was a bunch of youngsters I think the public would be able to stomach a loss like that.

Shouldn't take much away from England. Very well played by the poms.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Can't see Poontang going till after we have won the series as he will cling to the hope he can turn it round. Just can't see how Australia can win 2 of the last 3 tests when they have only taken 16 wickets in 2 games. How the hell are they going to get 20 in a match when England have so many players in form and they are not under pressure now and can bat for as long as they like without having to force the issue.
    I think the discussions going on ATM lend themselves to the fact that most people here are inclined to agree.

Of course we'll all still hope.

Can only see two positives for Australia from this match.

1. The total exposure of North
    2. The unearthing of Harris

That is all.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Be very wary of hubris, we may not be playing like it but we are still England.

Would be lying if I pretended not to be very confident about the prospects for the rest of the series but the rest of the matches will not be like this, we have stilll got an awful lot of work to do, and Flower and Strauss will make sure that we do it.

I have to say, when you listen to Andy Flower speak, you can tell, he is a very intelligent guy and everything he says is so measured. I'm just glad that we have him as coach, top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I don't see how he was shown to be any more rubbish this test than he was in the last few tests.

"Surely" his time is up now though. I agree that's a positive, but I don't think it stems from this match particularly.

Nah, he was only 99% exposed before, to everyone but the selectors. Word is - from robelinda who has inside sources IIRC - that he's gone now.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    It's not about age, it's about test match experience. Most of our 28-34 blokes don't have much anyway apart from the ones that are already there.
    Exactly. Stuart Broad is 24 and has played 34 tests, Anderson has played 54 tests but is still only 28. Finn is only 21 and this match was his 10th test, whilst 31 year old Ryan Harris was playing his third match. By sticking with the legends until they decided to go on their own volition rather than being pushed (and I don't necessarily blame the selectors for that) Australia has skipped a generation of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I don't see how he was shown to be any more rubbish this test than he was in the last few tests.

"Surely" his time is up now though. I agree that's a positive, but I don't think it stems from this match particularly.

Yes, but we lost an Ashes test.

Re Hughes in 2009, watch them react savagely to a failing bat in an Ashes series that's going south (pardon the pun)

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Can only see two positives for Australia from this match.

2. The unearthing of Harris

That is all.
    Clarke's second knock is a positive.

Hussey's knocks are also a positive, showed that he is actually back in form and Brisbane wasn't just another flash in the pan.

Thread Information