• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Well, that and the fact they had some of the best players in the last two decades going around. No amount of preparation will make our current batch play in the same manner.

fair enough
but even warne himself has said that the difference between someoen that plays 1 test and someoen that plays 100 tests is their attitude towards their training, preparation and their motivation to become the best cricketer THEY POSSIBLY CAN BE

i dont think this current lot have the right attitude. for the ashes and looking past that in the future- have seen it coming for a while- was evident in india.

just seem to not be adequately prepared and planned for whats coming. ie jonson, clarke, the way theyve dealt with spinners, north .

Jayzamann

International Regular
He's dropped, according to Sports News First. Hilfy apparently working with a questionable hamstring too.
Johnson is expected to return to his adopted state of Western Australia and he will, ironically, play against his old state Queensland in a one-day 50-overs-a-side match at the WACA in Perth on Friday.
**** off. It would only be ironic if all the batsmen in the QLD side were English, they were playing at the Gabba, on an identical pitch, and he takes a 10-fer

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Bad feeling about this game, reckon Aus will rack up 600+ if they bat first and from then on its not so much about the pitch but whether we can stand up to the pressure. Hope we win the toss and bat

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's dropped, according to Sports News First. Hilfy apparently working with a questionable hamstring too.
Johnson is understood to have been furious at his omission and indicated that he would not train with the Aussies in the Adelaide nets in the besieged team’s last full workout before an optional session on Thursday, the day before the match starts.
What a ****ing prima donna. Should realise that bowling turd tends to get you dropped,

Howe_zat

Audio File
**** off. It would only be ironic if all the batsmen in the QLD side were English, they were playing at the Gabba, on an identical pitch, and he takes a 10-fer
Yeah, that pissed me off too. There is literally no interpretation of irony that could mean that would fit.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah, that pissed me off too. There is literally no interpretation of irony that could mean that would fit.
It is ironic because he is returning to his 'roots' by going back to FC cricket, yet is playing against his native team.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Australia and what army?
As we saw in the last test it only takes a couple of batsmen to end up with a decent score. Even though there are a couple of batsmen out of form there are still enough in decent nick. Watson and Katich have shown they have enough there to give the innings a decent enough shine and see off the new ball, Ponting looked in great form in the second innnings and Hussey and Haddin are coming off the back of big scores. On a flat pitch like Adelaide is likely to be, I wouldn't be surprised to see them making hay.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Hilfenhaus plays I'll be furious. Same applies to Harris if he plays and ****s his knee up mid-test.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only assume he is referring to your bowlers tbh
We'll see ****. Last I checked it's 0-0 and only one side's batting went cheap in Brisbane, and it wasn't ours.

Will likely be a draw I reckon, Adelaide being as flat as a pancake as usual.

Ruckus

International Captain
Look at Johnson's last 10 innings...no wonder he is getting dropped really (most recent first):

0/104
0/66
0/42
3/105
0/50
5/64
1/41
1/71
0/74
1/31

@ an average of 58.90

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If the report is true, not wanting to bowl to the team before the next test is pretty piss poor (unless it interferes with the domestic schedule of course). It seems getting dropped is ok for some but not others.
From what I read, only Harris and Bollinger bowled. The three quicks that bowled in Brisbane were resting.