• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Spark

Global Moderator
Hauritz didn't really bowl against a strong side for those wickets....i wouldn't be rushing to recall him yet.
He does have the advantage of actually knowing "how" on an intuitive level to take a brace of wickets against the English.

Spark

Global Moderator
Furious, eh? Good. Now direct that anger against whoever WA is playing next.

Too few people realise that being dropped can sometimes be the spark/impetus that a player needs to really take it to the next level. Look at Katich. Clarke. Hayden. Ponting himself. The list goes on...

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent. So hopefully the pace attack will be Bollinger, Harris and Siddle - that's world class.
Hilf will probably still play tbh - may not though.

tbh I'd have dropped Hilf before Johnson - Hilf bowled fair rubbish and even when he bowls good he doesn't take a lot of wickets. At least with Johnson he can still take wickets with rubbish balls.

Ruckus

International Captain
Hilf will probably still play tbh - may not though.

tbh I'd have dropped Hilf before Johnson - Hilf bowled fair rubbish and even when he bowls good he doesn't take a lot of wickets. At least with Johnson he can still take wickets with rubbish balls.
Yeah that's true, by the sounds of it he is likely to play. Really don't get that though, because it will probably be a very flat pitch in hot Adelaide conditions. He is mainly a swing bowler, and I doubt there will be any swing on offer.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain

Too few people realise that being dropped can sometimes be the spark/impetus that a player needs to really take it to the next level. Look at Katich. Clarke. Hayden. Ponting himself. The list goes on...
bingo.
its the bottom line, fear based, impatient mentality in the current team. they dont understand this - they think its all about 'making the team' and everythign will be sweet- instead they should be concentrating on being the best cricketers they can, no matter what.

thats why i like bolly n harris- they seem to know their game well, and harris himself said that his fc match last week was more important to him then the gabba test- good attitude.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the only reason aus had such a good home record as of late was that they were bloody well prepared when the touring team landed. now, theyre not. they have no idea what theyre doing, are in denial and are poorly led, by both the captain and the 'coach'.
Well, that and the fact they had some of the best players in the last two decades going around. No amount of preparation will make our current batch play in the same manner.

Agree on England being potentially the stronger of the two outfits. Could easily see Australia going down if things don't change. Having said that, we were inconsistent in England last year too, things could quite easily change around this test.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah I agree.

As long as he's furious and not shocked...surely he must've seen it coming when he was moping around the Gabba during the test bowling a steaming pile of ****.

If the report is true, not wanting to bowl to the team before the next test is pretty piss poor (unless it interferes with the domestic schedule of course). It seems getting dropped is ok for some but not others.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hauritz didn't really bowl against a strong side for those wickets....i wouldn't be rushing to recall him yet.
I could understand this if he got Beer, Hogan, Mitch Marsh out, but he got the two key batsman in Shaun Marsh and Voges out. Good signs for Hauritz.

pasag

RTDAS
Will be interesting with declarations as well. I doubt we'll see too many adventurous first innings declarations and setting a total will also be highly conservative. Hell, could see the first team ever chasing down 500 to win the match late next week.