• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bollocks

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We have somehow just realised that our flights back from Sydney to London leave at 3.40pm on the last day of the fifth test. How ****ing amateurish is that?

Anyone know how long it takes to hitch hike back?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We have somehow just realised that our flights back from Sydney to London leave at 3.40pm on the last day of the fifth test. How ****ing amateurish is that?

Anyone know how long it takes to hitch hike back?
Is that part of an Ashes package?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Did the same people get you flights and match tickets? Because if so, name and shame, that is shocking.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We've done everything - flights, accommodation, tickets etc - off our own bats. Unfortunately in this case we clearly borrowed the bat from Chris Martin.

The question now is what the match situation has to be in order to intentionally miss the flight back and then stump up £1200 for one that leaves the following day...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, it's not like like you just won't be able to go to the game - you'll be in the air during it so you won't even be able to watch it. Have you tried contacting the airline to see if you can change your flight?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Doesn't matter mate, Australia will be 3-0 going into the last test anyway and that test will only last a couple of days.
I'd called the airline, will probably change it for you.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah depends on what flights you've got but I changed mine several times while I was in Aus and they usually charged about 40 quid for date changes, but then I think I had a special ticket.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've done everything - flights, accommodation, tickets etc - off our own bats. Unfortunately in this case we clearly borrowed the bat from Chris Martin.

The question now is what the match situation has to be in order to intentionally miss the flight back and then stump up £1200 for one that leaves the following day...
Fly back Air Asia and it'll cost you a lot less than that...providing they actually have seats available the day before.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well... with the aid of a contact in Sydney, we've got somewhere to keep our bags until lunchtime before a frantic airport dash.

This trip's never been simple, has it?

Craig

World Traveller
Well... with the aid of a contact in Sydney, we've got somewhere to keep our bags until lunchtime before a frantic airport dash.

This trip's never been simple, has it?
So what did you have to for James as payment to hold your bags? :ph34r: