Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Hussey - A second wind?

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Likewise Doherty and Haddin...Doherty ahd about 10 Captain cooks before he went on his way.
    Yeah Doherty's was actually hilarious. I guess you can excuse him though, because he is a tailender, and probably a bit nervous due to inexperience.

Katich's though was inexcusable. I mean those kind of things can have such an enormous impact on the game. Imagine if that didn't happen - not only could Katich have got some runs himself, but he would have also protected Ponting and Clarke from the new ball and wouldn't have put unnecessary pressure on them with the early wicket. The whole complexion of the game could be different...

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Yeah I kind of felt sorry for Watto when he was being interviewed and he said he thought it was all his fault. No chance, Katich was simply too hesitant.
    It's funny because I woke up to hear TMS (Vaughan I think it was) laying into Watto. And then I turned on Sky, and Botham was laying into Katich.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    It's funny because I woke up to hear TMS (Vaughan I think it was) laying into Watto. And then I turned on Sky, and Botham was laying into Katich.
    Yeh no way Watson's fault there. He said he didn't think he called loud enough, but even still, Katich clearly saw he was going for a single (because he began to run) but just didn't commit to it enough.

Ah well, no harm done as we will see when England are all out for 90 tomorrow

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Clarke had no business going so hard at the ball when he knew Jimmeh was getting the away swing yeah looking back both shots were quite dire.
    Yea...that was a needless stroke..most batsmen would leave that one alone but i reckon the 2 quick wickets led him to counter attack which really didn't work....
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Yeh no way Watson's fault there. He said he didn't think he called loud enough, but even still, Katich clearly saw he was going for a single (because he began to run) but just didn't commit to it enough.

Ah well, no harm done as we will see when England are all out for 90 tomorrow
    Katich was caught ball watching on what should've been an easy single (e.g Watson jogged the single and was past the stumps at the other end when the wickets were broken)

Schoolboy error

Yes,these last 2 knocks he's had, I've grown genuine hate for him ,especially in the first test, but then, I watch his interview after the days play and I feel slightly guilty because he really is one of the nice guys of cricket.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Yea...that was a needless stroke..most batsmen would leave that one alone but i reckon the 2 quick wickets led him to counter attack which really didn't work....
    The ball was heading straight for off-stump had it not moved. He had to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    The ball was heading straight for off-stump had it not moved. He had to play.
    This. Not the best shot, but a shot needed and because of that, probably just have to hope you miss it somehow.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Katich was caught ball watching on what should've been an easy single (e.g Watson jogged the single and was past the stumps at the other end when the wickets were broken)

Schoolboy error
    Yeah I blame Katich for much of what went wrong with our batting innings yesterday. The runout was his fault and it sparked the collapse.

Imagine Ponting coming out for 1/50 instead of 1/0 and Clarke coming out at 2/90 instead of 2/0. The whole complexion of the innings would be different. How much more confident would we have been if instead of 245 we had posted 395?

Honestly, it is the little things that make big differences in cricket and Australia has been getting all the little things wrong in the last 4 test match days.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Oh god, poor Ricky Ponting coming out at 1/0, however will he cope!.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Changes things a lot though. No doubt that it did have a massive impact on the complexion of the innings, not least because at 1/50 the ball is older and you're less likely to recieve the pearler he did first up.

195, 93, 52, 61, 116, wag.

Kudos. Been an absloute collosus. Has stood tall when the captain and his vice have consistently failed.

Next Aussie captain, tbh.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Should've been dropped.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    195, 93, 52, 61, 116, wag.
    WAFG.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information