• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey - A second wind?

Ruckus

International Captain
Likewise Doherty and Haddin...Doherty ahd about 10 Captain cooks before he went on his way.
Yeah Doherty's was actually hilarious. I guess you can excuse him though, because he is a tailender, and probably a bit nervous due to inexperience.

Katich's though was inexcusable. I mean those kind of things can have such an enormous impact on the game. Imagine if that didn't happen - not only could Katich have got some runs himself, but he would have also protected Ponting and Clarke from the new ball and wouldn't have put unnecessary pressure on them with the early wicket. The whole complexion of the game could be different...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I kind of felt sorry for Watto when he was being interviewed and he said he thought it was all his fault. No chance, Katich was simply too hesitant.
It's funny because I woke up to hear TMS (Vaughan I think it was) laying into Watto. And then I turned on Sky, and Botham was laying into Katich.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's funny because I woke up to hear TMS (Vaughan I think it was) laying into Watto. And then I turned on Sky, and Botham was laying into Katich.
Yeh no way Watson's fault there. He said he didn't think he called loud enough, but even still, Katich clearly saw he was going for a single (because he began to run) but just didn't commit to it enough.

Ah well, no harm done as we will see when England are all out for 90 tomorrow :ph34r:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Clarke had no business going so hard at the ball when he knew Jimmeh was getting the away swing yeah looking back both shots were quite dire.
Yea...that was a needless stroke..most batsmen would leave that one alone but i reckon the 2 quick wickets led him to counter attack which really didn't work....

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeh no way Watson's fault there. He said he didn't think he called loud enough, but even still, Katich clearly saw he was going for a single (because he began to run) but just didn't commit to it enough.

Ah well, no harm done as we will see when England are all out for 90 tomorrow :ph34r:
Katich was caught ball watching on what should've been an easy single (e.g Watson jogged the single and was past the stumps at the other end when the wickets were broken)

Schoolboy error

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes,these last 2 knocks he's had, I've grown genuine hate for him ,especially in the first test, but then, I watch his interview after the days play and I feel slightly guilty because he really is one of the nice guys of cricket.

TumTum

Banned
Yea...that was a needless stroke..most batsmen would leave that one alone but i reckon the 2 quick wickets led him to counter attack which really didn't work....
The ball was heading straight for off-stump had it not moved. He had to play.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Katich was caught ball watching on what should've been an easy single (e.g Watson jogged the single and was past the stumps at the other end when the wickets were broken)

Schoolboy error
Yeah I blame Katich for much of what went wrong with our batting innings yesterday. The runout was his fault and it sparked the collapse.

Imagine Ponting coming out for 1/50 instead of 1/0 and Clarke coming out at 2/90 instead of 2/0. The whole complexion of the innings would be different. How much more confident would we have been if instead of 245 we had posted 395?

Honestly, it is the little things that make big differences in cricket and Australia has been getting all the little things wrong in the last 4 test match days.

Spark

Global Moderator
Changes things a lot though. No doubt that it did have a massive impact on the complexion of the innings, not least because at 1/50 the ball is older and you're less likely to recieve the pearler he did first up.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kudos. Been an absloute collosus. Has stood tall when the captain and his vice have consistently failed.

Next Aussie captain, tbh.