Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Hussey - A second wind?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Looking for predictions here, will he:

a) Continue the way he did in this innings, going from strength to strength playing a more free flowing game for a couple of years? OR

b) Revert back to recent poor form, this innings being an anomaly? OR

c) Retire on a high?

I would like to see what he does in the remaining four matches before making a prediction. Everyone thought that he had turned a corner after a fine hundred in the last Ashes test in England; but his performances since that test up until now have been average.

If I had to choose an option out of the three, I would go with the second one. I cannot see him carrying on for another two years; him retiring after this series is virtually out of question, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Blaze 18; 27-11-2010 at 03:50 AM.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I would like to see what he does in the remaining four matches before making a prediction. Everyone thought that he had turned a corner after a fine hundred in the last Ashes test in England; but his performances since that test up until now have been average.
    That was a gritty innings but didn't seem like he had his stroke-play and fluency back.

On this innings in his 2nd 100 he played many cracking cover drives, picked up length quickly and used his feet beautifully. I really believe this is the old Hussey back.

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    That was a gritty innings but didn't seem like he had his stroke-play and fluency back.
    yeah I agree. That century was when Australia were practically down and out anyway with a ridiculous run chase. This has been his first fluent century in pressure for a long, long time. You can't include the one in Sydney vs Pak, because it was probably rigged, and very streaky whatever the case.

Mike Hussey's home average: 64.79
    Mike Hussey's away average: 38.61

Just more of the same. I love Muss cos he's such a top bloke, but meh.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post

On this innings in his 2nd 100 he played many cracking cover drives, picked up length quickly and used his feet beautifully. I really believe this is the old Hussey back.
    That is a fair point. Still, I would like to see how he goes in the remaining four matches.

IMO his best innings for sure. Leeman to upload?

Ponting himself in his prime would have to work very hard indeed to match his viciousness on the marginally short ball. A lot of his pulls, especially off Swann, were off a good length.
    Last edited by Spark; 27-11-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    He still looked dodgy starting. I reckon it might be one more big one just to bust Got_Spin and a lot of failures for the rest of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

He looked dodgy for one ball. After that he was golden.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    He still looked dodgy starting. I reckon it might be one more big one just to bust Got_Spin and a lot of failures for the rest of the series.
    Why would you say that
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    He looked dodgy for one ball. After that he was golden.
    No way. There was an entire period in the first session that Hussey really had no clue what was going on.

Oh yeah but I'm talking about the start of his innings. After his first ball he looked fine.

Mind you that could just have been a relative/comparative thing...

This morning was more down to an outstanding spell of bowling and a very good one from the other end IMO.

Oh yeah but I'm talking about the start of his innings. After his first ball he looked fine.

This morning was more down to an outstanding spell of bowling and a very good one from the other end IMO.
    Hussey looked far far worse in the morning than Haddin did. Completely all over the shop, falling over himself and getting trapped in front.

School Boy/Girl Captain robinjr's Avatar
    go with A if he continue to play with the same intent.While he massively struggle in test cricket for the last 2 or so years his OD form has been excelent.Yes its a diffrent ballgame but if the slown reflections are the reason behind his test slump then it should have some effect on OD form as well which it didn't so we can assume that he score runs in OD cricket becourse he's forced to do so in an certain rate.So if he look to score,then he'll score.If he look to grind he'll fail.Not only this game but the 2nd innings of the last shield game as well where he decided to score freely and earn runs.

The bottomline is that there aren't many test class readymade young batsmen in Australia rightnow so if and old pro like hussey or punter can gather a second wind it'l be a huge bonus for the future plans.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

That's the standard of bowling to expect from England tbf.

And what Got_Spin said.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Looking for predictions here, will he:

a) Continue the way he did in this innings, going from strength to strength playing a more free flowing game for a couple of years? OR

b) Revert back to recent poor form, this innings being an anomaly? OR

c) Retire on a high?
    Can definitely rule out (c). He was quoted recently saying that he derives inspiration from Tendulkar's rejuvenation, and had no plans to retire soon himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information