• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 9 gagf

Julian87

State Captain
You've got 3 channels and you're not showing The Ashes which you've been ****ing trumpeting for months.

Meanwhile on Gem and Go; viewers are enjoying their daily re-runs of The Flinstones and The Nanny.

Spark

Global Moderator
Go we can write off, it's their cheap attempt at an American cable channel.

GEM I'm disappointed though. Didn't they simulcast the ODIs there?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The direst thing about it is the fact that their news coverage has been about 80% cricket highlights and reviews anyway.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed. I suppose that some people don't really want to watch cricket, but still.... pretty disgraceful.

Debris

International 12th Man
This is why I hate the anti-siphoning laws. Pay TV does about 1000X better job of covering events. Free-to-air will outbid pay TV for anything they really want to cover anyway.

morgieb

This is why I hate the anti-siphoning laws. Pay TV does about 1000X better job of covering events. Free-to-air will outbid pay TV for anything they really want to cover anyway.
Agreed. Would probably entice people to buy Pay TV more.

morgieb

Although thinking about it, Go! seems to be like what Spark said, and Gem's apparently aimed at 35+ women - hardly cricket's most promising audience. I don't like it but I can understand it.

Julian87

State Captain
They should be doing anything possible to show the cricket.

end of.

They should have never axed 9 hd.

Debris

International 12th Man
Although thinking about it, Go! seems to be like what Spark said, and Gem's apparently aimed at 35+ women - hardly cricket's most promising audience. I don't like it but I can understand it.
Gem is a real waste of a HD channel. Fool the government into giving all the bandwidth to current tv stations by promising HD and then play 50 year old movies or 24 hour news on the HD channels. I hate free-to-air with a passion. :@

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was livid when I taped "Nine HD" all day today only to find that it was crappy ancient rerun type programs instead of the cricket in high definition.

ripper868

International Coach
**** Daylight savings off and you wouldn't have a problem - alternatively, move to queensland.

9 showed it up till close of play up here so :p

pasag

RTDAS
9 have butchered the cricket coverage in just about every way possible over the years. There's a new low just about every season and it amazes how they can manage to outdo themselves consistently year in, year out.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Just been SO SO angry at Nein for so many years, its just not funny anymore. Pay TV does an awesome job every time.

Debris

International 12th Man
The sad thing is that Nine used to be a world leader in coverage of sport. How has it come to this? :down:

Spikey

Can't wait for Saturday when Mark Nic. declares excitedly that the news will follow the end of the day's play no matter what time that is, as if that's a special present for us.