• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 9 gagf

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
They must at least be filming it in HD because sky keeping showing the "Production by channel 9" on the ticker? You Aussies aren't getting it in HD even tho they are filming it? Thats shocking.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was thinking about it, and Channel 4 used to go to the racing during the Tests and show the action on FilmFour, which I believe at that point was not yet a FTA channel.

Say what you want, but I guess you get what you pay for. Money isn't something I've had a lot of in the last couple of years, but the sports channels are something I've made an allowance for (did cancel them after the Ashes until the Saffa Tests last year) because it's worth it. The coverage is exceptional. C4, BBC, they were okay, but Sky Sports is something else.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
I was thinking about it, and Channel 4 used to go to the racing during the Tests and show the action on FilmFour, which I believe at that point was not yet a FTA channel.

Say what you want, but I guess you get what you pay for. Money isn't something I've had a lot of in the last couple of years, but the sports channels are something I've made an allowance for (did cancel them after the Ashes until the Saffa Tests last year) because it's worth it. The coverage is exceptional. C4, BBC, they were okay, but Sky Sports is something else.
My sentiments exactly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I am so so angry that they have taken us back to the Channel 9 commentary for this Ashes in Australia.. Back in 2003, we got the Sky commentators...

Redbacks

International Captain
The national team is heavily subsidised by the tax payer, should always be able to watch the game on free to air.

Debris

International 12th Man
The national team is heavily subsidised by the tax payer, should always be able to watch the game on free to air.
Don't agree at all. What has the fact that it gets subsidies from the government got to do with TV coverage? By that logic, all Australian movies should be shown first on free-to-air television before the cinema. And to be honest, it does not look like free-to-air wants to show the cricket based on the quality of coverage.