• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 9 gagf

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, I was going to keep my word but my mate had the remote and refused to drop himself down to SD

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't wait for Saturday when Mark Nic. declares excitedly that the news will follow the end of the day's play no matter what time that is, as if that's a special present for us.
The silver lining presumably being that we don't have to listen to Mark Nicolas anymore.

Midwinter

State Captain
I know I'm getting old but it seems people want

"All Highlights All The Time" due to the number of replays shown. The bits inbetween where the game is actually played must be boring.

And want to see

"What's Coming Up Next" the ceaseless talking up of events before they commence by the commentators and the particpants. The audience must crave being in a constant state of anticipation !.

It doesn't matter what happens because there is always the highlights of what has just happened and the next
"What's Coming Up Next"

Well this is about all what live sport on TV is this days

Frankly I can't bear to watch it for much longer, I already have the sound off, I will turn the picture off one day soon as well.

Watching cricket will be the local B grade, I least I am able to enjoy it.

Is there anyone on my lawn !! :)

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
What! Channel 9 is not showing the Ashes??? :-O

Whenever i used to buy a package for Ashes online it was usually streaming in the Channel 9 coverage. Surprised they are not showing it.

On the other hand the Pakistani Sports channel...Geo Super is telecasting it live and with surprisingly less commercials. Who is telecasting it in Australia

Debris

International 12th Man
What! Channel 9 is not showing the Ashes??? :-O

Whenever i used to buy a package for Ashes online it was usually streaming in the Channel 9 coverage. Surprised they are not showing it.

On the other hand the Pakistani Sports channel...Geo Super is telecasting it live and with surprisingly less commercials. Who is telecasting it in Australia
Well, in theory they are..

Debris

International 12th Man
As I understand it, 9 are responsible for the Ashes coverage but in some parts of Australia have cut coverage for the news and such like, at times. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
You are correct. They do cover the cricket but it is not considered as important as, say, reruns of The Nanny.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It sucks not having daylight saving, sometimes the cut the cricket for Antics Roadshow! The absolute most boring show on T.V. I'd rather watch soccer.

One positive is the new format for displaying the score. I love it!

chalky

International Debutant
You are correct. They do cover the cricket but it is not considered as important as, say, reruns of The Nanny.
Fran Dresher is hot I say!

Look on the brightside at least you don't have to pay £55 per month to watch your national team play your national summer sport.

Debris

International 12th Man

Look on the brightside at least you don't have to pay £55 per month to watch your national team play your national summer sport.
I would love to pay that if it would guarantee good coverage of the games.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I would love to pay that if it would guarantee good coverage of the games.
Agree. I've had pay tv for 15 years now, only 6 tests in Australia a season, i'm quite happy to pay for the other 30 odd tests pay tv show throughout the year, and would pay more to get proper coverage of home games no problems. After 20 something years of hating ch 9 crazy idiotic coverage i'll pay anything for someone to do it right.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

I'm far happier paying up for coverage that's viewable and listenable without causing migraines or provoking me into hurling heavy objects at the television - or coverage that's actually viewable in the first place by the sounds of things.

I am nonetheless heavily amused by all these shenanigans, and am enjoying my HD pictures.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

But for that, you also get a ton of *** phone-in shows (BangBabes still going?) and softcore ****** films on MoviesforMen starring Nikki Fritz and Shauna O’Brien. Well worth it.