• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Under The Lid" Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As anyone who plays cricket knows, when you get a chance to field in at silly point or short leg, right next to the batsman, it's a chance to sledge your head off under your breath where the umpire can't hear you.

This thread is for all the plain banter. It's probably going to be part and parcel of an Ashes series, so if you feel like baiting, needling, gloating, then you can keep it in here. We don't want match threads and other threads in the sub-forum being sidetracked. Any of that posting outside of here will see you being warned.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Best cricket-related decision made by an Aussie all week having seen the 11 the selectors have come up with.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shocked you recognise a good idea.

That said, there have been some good ideas recognised by the English recently. For example, Prince William proposing to his hot girlfriend before he starts looking even more like his Dad.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

No crims here, all toff English settlers. So, needless to say, you're spot on.

Burgey

Got some Pommie git on ABC radio now.. Dire. Agnew I think. Could play him with a stick of celery tbh.

Spikey

hey did the south africans and the irish guy sing their own anthem or God save the Queen?

Burgey

Mate of mine just emailed me the following:

I liken us more to Liverpool – faded glory and all that.

The Poms are really Spurs. Mid table to just under for decades, now on the march. Thanks to imports.

Not bad really.

vcs

GIMH to break the record for number of posts in a thread here. :laugh:

Closely followed by flibbertyjibber.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be fair, think I'll spend most of my time sledging my compatriots about how much they're wrong about Peter Siddle than towards the Poms.