• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Aussie/English CWers, who will you be supporting?

The team you will support

• Total voters

DingDong

State Captain
So who will you support???

BTW, I will most definitely be supporting supporting england. Can't stand to see australia win anything at all.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I plan to be a fairweather supporter as I have no particular love for either team. Last Ashes I supported Australia as the English team came off as pretty unlikable for the most part. No idea who it will be this time.

DingDong

State Captain
yeah i really should have added neutral as an option in the poll. i have a feeling most non aus/eng fans couldnt care less who wins the series.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Neutral here. Will want my favourites to do well though. (Johnson, Trott, Dougeh)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Might seem to go against my loyalties between England and Australia in most other sports but I'll be behind Australia TBH - though certainly won't be devastated if they lose, mind.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably Australia as I've always liked their dominant teams and many of their players over English ones, historically. This time I will be mainly following with keen interest to pick out new favourite players. I would like the home team to win though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I normally fence-sit a bit these days but I'll be following Australia primarily this time, mainly because of how annoying the media has become in both countries. Everyone seems to be acting as if Australia have the worst team of all time and are in a terrible crisis. It's not even remotely true.

Ruckus

International Captain
I normally fence-sit a bit these days but I'll be following Australia primarily this time, mainly because of how annoying the media has become in both countries. Everyone seems to be acting as if Australia have the worst team of all time and are in a terrible crisis. It's not even remotely true.
I was under the impression from your posts you were Australian?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was under the impression from your posts you were Australian?
Yeah I am, but I'm English too. English parent, English grandparents, British passport, moving to England next year etc. I follow both teams in cricket, which makes me a bit of an Ashes outcast. I usually follow Australia in the Ashes, but if they're being particularly over-rated or England are being particularly under-rated in my mind I can swing. Or if Symonds is playing.

Which makes me the devil apparently, in the eyes of both sides. :laugh:

The only team is really follow with any true consistency is NSW.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I am, but I'm English too. English parent, English grandparents, British passport, moving to England next year etc. I follow both teams in cricket, which makes me a bit of an Ashes outcast. I usually follow Australia in the Ashes, but if they're being particularly over-rated or England are being particularly under-rated in my mind I can swing. Or if Symonds is playing.

Which makes me the devil apparently, in the eyes of both sides. :laugh:
What's that make you then? A pomvict?

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
Living in Australia means australia, as much as i like them losing putting up with people whinging i would rather them just win :p

Ruckus

International Captain
Haha if you wish.
I find your situation funny though, because (assuming you have lived in Australia since a young age) surely you would predominately have an allegiance with Australia if the two countries are put head-to-head? Because having a British parent, but living in Australia, is practically the same as any other white Australian - after all, every white Australian is of the same make-up as Brits. The difference is only cultural - and I assume you are a 'cultural Australian', if there is such a thing...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will be supporting the game of cricket mostly, but in general I'd like to see Australia win.

However I really want Swann to do well, mainly because I think some Australian CW fans seem to arrogantly dismiss him as a very good bowler simply because he didn't light the world on fire against Aust back in 2009.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I find your situation funny though, because (assuming you have lived in Australia since a young age) surely you would predominately have an allegiance with Australia if the two countries are put head-to-head? Because having a British parent, but living in Australia, is practically the same as any other white Australian - after all, every white Australian is of the same make-up as Brits. The difference is only cultural - and I assume you are a 'cultural Australian', if there is such a thing...
Yeah, I'm just a weirdo really.

For a long time England were just a second team for me - a team I took a keen interest in and followed closely, but a team I'd never consider myself a genuine supporter of. As time went on though I just found it easier to identify myself with English cricket. Now I follow both teams, neither with any great passion.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
NZ citizen, UK citizen and soon to be an Australian citizen as well :D

Will be supporting England, can't bring myself to support Australia.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ citizen, UK citizen and soon to be an Australian citizen as well :D

Will be supporting England, can't bring myself to support Australia.
James, how are you a UK citizen? I know you live here and was (probably) born and bred in NZ, but UK.....