50. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

27 54.00%
  • Australia

17 34.00%
  • who cares?

6 12.00%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Non Aussie/English CWers, who will you be supporting?

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Well..Aussies have to find bowlers.... **** it...call up Lee!
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Well..Aussies have to find bowlers.... **** it...call up Lee!
    Lee's retired from First Class cricket.

And really, Australia do not have a shortage of fast bowling depth. They have 10-15 bowlers, all of a similar standard, who I'd be reasonably confident in to do a job at Test level. They're lacking an experienced, consistent world class performer, but they have plenty of options to try out if what they've got doesn't work out.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post

And really, Australia do not have a shortage of fast bowling depth. They have 10-15 bowlers, all of a similar standard, who I'd be reasonably confident in to do a job at Test level. They're lacking an experienced, consistent world class performer, but they have plenty of options to try out if what they've got doesn't work out.
    If they end up dropping two each test, they will need 10-15.

I never know the answer to these questions until the series start. And now, once it's started, I can happily say I'm supporting neither side. I'm just hoping for some hilariously bad bits of cricket (like Clarke's dropping of Trott on Monday) to brighten up the contest.

And yet they are reluctant to drop an out of form MJ. Clearly they have there doubts about others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    And yet they are reluctant to drop an out of form MJ. Clearly they have there doubts about others too.
    Nah they're just stubborn with it tbh. They wouldn't drop Johnson for Lee either.

Nah they're just stubborn with it tbh. They wouldn't drop Johnson for Lee either.
    They sure have there heads stuck in there asses then.

i hate it when both australia and england are represented by mediocre teams. whenever that happens, world cricket becomes dull. for the game to be healthy, i would like to see both old dogs strong and competitive. for that to happen, the ashes should be changing hands as often as possible. if not, one of them, read australia, beats the hell out of the other, read england, and makes the whole competition lop sided and boring.

usually, test cricket is at its best when england beats australia - bodyline, 1981 and 2005 are good examples. because it is a case of underdog beating the top contender. this time, though, i would like to see, australia bounce back and take the series 2-1 because they look like the underdogs. if that happens, this series would be as historical as the 36-37 series.

vcs
    England are far from mediocre right now. I would like Australia to win for two reasons, one because I've cheered for them against England ever since I saw Warne bowl the "Ball of the Century" and secondly, because an England away win would send them shooting up the rankings. Don't want that happening for selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    i hate it when both australia and england are represented by mediocre teams. whenever that happens, world cricket becomes dull. for the game to be healthy, i would like to see both old dogs strong and competitive. for that to happen, the ashes should be changing hands as often as possible. if not, one of them, read australia, beats the hell out of the other, read england, and makes the whole competition lop sided and boring.

usually, test cricket is at its best when england beats australia - bodyline, 1981 and 2005 are good examples. because it is a case of underdog beating the top contender. this time, though, i would like to see, australia bounce back and take the series 2-1 because they look like the underdogs. if that happens, this series would be as historical as the 36-37 series.
    1981? You mean when both England and Australia had nothing on the West Indies or an isolated SA to leave them 3rd/4th in the world?
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    1981? You mean when both England and Australia had nothing on the West Indies or an isolated SA to leave them 3rd/4th in the world?
    teams featuring lillee, border, botham, boycott, gower, marsh, knott, willis and gooch cant be mediocre.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information