• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Aussie/English CWers, who will you be supporting?

The team you will support

• Total voters

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What are you kiwis on, supporting the bloody English? Have you forgotten just what ****s they are? I hate the English as much as I hate the Australians. Both are just a bunch of smug ****s, and now they're even more similar in that it's not just the English who think, and believe they have the right to be, better than than they really are. Don't care who wins, just want some good cricket and plenty of blood and guts. And Ponting and Strauss involved in a nazi gay *** scandal.
have always thought the English were good sorts latest example being Vaughn's guard of honour for Fleming.

Anyways - that was my vote.

Woodster

International Captain
What are you kiwis on, supporting the bloody English? Have you forgotten just what ****s they are? I hate the English as much as I hate the Australians. Both are just a bunch of smug ****s, and now they're even more similar in that it's not just the English who think, and believe they have the right to be, better than than they really are. Don't care who wins, just want some good cricket and plenty of blood and guts. And Ponting and Strauss involved in a nazi gay *** scandal.
To think I've been supporting NZ during the recent series with India, gonna have to have a serious think about that now!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez Tozz is a **** ****. So happy his name isn't associated with the Republic in any form anymore.

Heard he's a vegetarian also, btw.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I have a tendency to support the underdogs tbh. That's the fun of it. Not that i will be pulling my hair out if Aussies lose and even if the majority of the Ashes Gurus here in CW say that Aussies are unbeatable at home, i would say they are still the underdogs walking into this Ashes. For Aussies to win this one would be simply HUGE imo. And for England to lose this one....then honestly i don't know if England can ever have a better chance to win it in Australia.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have a tendency to support the underdogs tbh. That's the fun of it. Not that i will be pulling my hair out if Aussies lose and even if the majority of the Ashes Gurus here in CW say that Aussies are unbeatable at home, i would say they are still the underdogs walking into this Ashes. For Aussies to win this one would be simply HUGE imo. And for England to lose this one....then honestly i don't know if England can ever have a better chance to win it in Australia.
Nah, it'll be huge if England win. The Aussies almost never lose in Australia, and certainly not in the last 20 years. If they win again, it'll just be Tuesday for them. If England win, it'll be a rare moment of success in a damn long time.

It'll be close. I still think England will do it though. And that's why I'm so friggin' excited.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Nah, it'll be huge if England win. The Aussies almost never lose in Australia, and certainly not in the last 20 years. If they win again, it'll just be Tuesday for them. If England win, it'll be a rare moment of success in a damn long time.

It'll be close. I still think England will do it though. And that's why I'm so friggin' excited.
Come on. We have to be realistic and honest with ourselves...I would love to see Australia win at home but the truth of the matter is, England has a more stable batting lineup barring Cook and Pieterson. They have a world class spinner. And they have one of the best bowling lineups for the Australian conditions barring Anderson who would be more effective on green tops...(Gabba pitch will be ideal). England is a much much stronger side.

For Australia... Ponting, Clarke, Hussey are struggling in my books. We all know who North is. Katich and Watson are the bright spots along with Haddin. God knows what Khawaja is like. Steven Smith is released to play domestic. I would say if there is anything that is threatening right now then that's the Australian pace bowling.

To me as a non-Aussie/non-British watcher. England has the upper hand and Australia will have to battle hard if they want the Ashes....

Still all this doesn't mean that England will win....This means that it will be big for Australia to win this one.