• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Aussie/English CWers, who will you be supporting?

The team you will support

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
What are you kiwis on, supporting the bloody English? Have you forgotten just what ****s they are? I hate the English as much as I hate the Australians. Both are just a bunch of smug ****s, and now they're even more similar in that it's not just the English who think, and believe they have the right to be, better than than they really are. Don't care who wins, just want some good cricket and plenty of blood and guts. And Ponting and Strauss involved in a nazi gay *** scandal.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Supporting England. Couldn't bring myself to support Aussie even if they were representing planet Earth in an intergalactic battle for the survival of the human species.
Well then, you're a dunce eh? :ph34r:

What are you kiwis on, supporting the bloody English? Have you forgotten just what ****s they are? I hate the English more than I hate the Australians, because my hatred of the latter is just born of their innate superiority over us. The Poms are just a bunch of smug ****s, as opposed to the Australians who really do have the right to be, and who are better than than anyone else. I care who wins, and I want some good cricket and plenty of English blood and guts. And KP and Strauss involved in a nazi gay *** scandal.
AWTA.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's between 4th and 5th place? Really. If only one of the Indian contingent had already pointed that out :(

Uppercut

Meh, test series between the 4th and 5th ranked test sides. Who gives a ****?:p
What are these "rankings" of which you speak? I was pretty sure teams were ranked on how they perform when it matters i.e. during the Ashes. England have won as many Ashes series as almost any other side.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Will support Oz. Mainly because of Bollinger's presence. Will also support England when Swann bowls.

Burgey

Meh, test series between the 4th and 5th ranked test sides. Who gives a ****?:p
As an indian supporter, you'd have a long history of being interested in test series involving poorly ranked teams. Come on, you should follow it - give those of us less experienced at it a heads up on appropriate fan reactions when your team isn't that great.

Flem274*

123/5
As an indian supporter, you'd have a long history of being interested in test series involving poorly ranked teams. Come on, you should follow it - give those of us less experienced at it a heads up on appropriate fan reactions when your team isn't that great.
Australia: Isn't terrible.

Xuhaib

International Coach
:laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm amazed you missed the opportunity to bait the English with that point. Sort it out.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Cricket did not exist before 2010 tbh.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha, played.

Blaze 18

Banned
The Ashes are just like the India-Pakistan games : form, experience and all that yadda do not matter one little bit. Australia are near invincible at home and will start favourites. It would be foolish to write England off, though, as this is clearly the best English side in a long time; yes, even better than the Ashes 2005 side.

As for who I would be rooting for; well, I really do not know; there are players I like on either side. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for a close contest either way.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I normally fence-sit a bit these days but I'll be following Australia primarily this time, mainly because of how annoying the media has become in both countries. Everyone seems to be acting as if Australia have the worst team of all time and are in a terrible crisis. It's not even remotely true.
I would agree. And I also don't want Aussies to become uncompetitive like the Windies. So I would vouch for them this time around.