• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injury Watch

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His back must be really screwed up if it can keep him out for over 2 weeks.
Sounds much the same as Atherton and Thorpe used to get.Can flare up at any time and sometimes they play through the pain and their form suffers because of it but they never actually say at the time how bad it is.I would expect with him having this problem so bad now that he will be long retired before he reaches the age Ponting is now.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Clarkes back he's always had but it's flared up again. Khawaja is flying in as an emergency just in case he is needed.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sounds much the same as Atherton and Thorpe used to get.Can flare up at any time and sometimes they play through the pain and their form suffers because of it but they never actually say at the time how bad it is.I would expect with him having this problem so bad now that he will be long retired before he reaches the age Ponting is now.
i wouldn't say it's that bad. he's not missed any tests yet and it's not affected his form at all.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wouldn't say it's that bad. he's not missed any tests yet and it's not affected his form at all.
Well as i say we don't know.He hasn't scored many runs in tests of late so is that related to his back?

The truth generally doesn't come out till they retire and write their autobiography.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well he was clearly struggling second innings of the Shield match, but it didn't affect his strokeplay. 6 boundaries in an innings of 40ish, full range of shots.

And no I wouldn't put his poor run in India due to his back. Very easy to rule that out based purely on the dismissals themselves.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching highlights of the Edgbaston test on ESPN Classic. Making me think what a big miss Onions is. His skiddy swing, both conventional and reverse with the old ball could definitely have been useful on the Aussie tracks.

Makes me think Shahzad might yet play a hand as he's the closest like-for-like replacement.