• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injury Watch

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haddin's in touch? Didn't he get 10 from 35 balls today?

Good to see the Aussies setting the bar nice and low.:happy:
Strauss is in good nick apparently.. How did he get on today?

Sydney was greenest I've seen it tbh today.. Wish I'd been out there.. 20 wickets in a day!!

Like watching England following on and trying to save a match :ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Strauss is in good nick apparently.. How did he get on today?

Sydney was greenest I've seen it tbh today.. Wish I'd been out there.. 20 wickets in a day!!

Like watching England following on and trying to save a match :ph34r:
He got out playing a dip**** shot, no bones about it.:dry:

Can't help but remember the last time one of these two sides were 200+ short was Australia at Lord's...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strauss is in good nick Burge...gave us wicket away because Monty needed time in the middle

Given that Australia's finest are incapable of getting Monty out, I fully expect to awake to some special numbers in the morning

Or maybe I'll be the next injury reported when Burgey gets a hit put out on me for my posting in this forum :ph34r:

Burgey

Strauss is in good nick Burge...gave us wicket away because Monty needed time in the middle

Given that Australia's finest are incapable of getting Monty out, I fully expect to awake to some special numbers in the morning

Or maybe I'll be the next injury reported when Burgey gets a hit put out on me for my posting in this forum :ph34r:
He was in good nick four years ago too. Look ****, our finest weren't in Hobart yesterday, they were either bowling elsewhere or having a spell (not an England off the field for 10 minutes to be coached spell, but a proper rest).

Your proper agony starts next week. Sitting up all night - FMD, you'll be wanting to get back to bed by lunch day one.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, just get a room you two, I haven't seen so much latent ***ual energy on an internet forum since... well I'm not going to disclose since when :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Do we really?
I think Australia's Test-class batting depth is probably at its lowest point for about fifteen years at the moment. Khawaja aside, all the batsmen in the country who I'd back to average 40 in Tests in the short term are either in the team already, have been blacklisted by the selectors or are in poor form.
Agree to a certain extent, but still things aren't that bad, since flat decks and **** bowling attacks are a norm these days at the international level, therefore the younger batsmen are unlikely to find it that difficult.
#Hughes
#Ferguson
#Khawaja
#Cosgrove
#Smith
#Bailey
#Finch
These are batsmen I expect to average 40 plus if given a decent run at the test level.

pup11

International Coach
Just read that Ronny McDonald broke his hand, kind of sad for him as any chance he had to sneak into the Ashes squad for the 2nd test could be all but gone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agree to a certain extent, but still things aren't that bad, since flat decks and **** bowling attacks are a norm these days at the international level, therefore the younger batsmen are unlikely to find it that difficult.
#Hughes
#Ferguson
#Khawaja
#Cosgrove
#Smith
#Bailey
#Finch
These are batsmen I expect to average 40 plus if given a decent run at the test level.
Half those guys can't even average 40 at Shield level consistently.

Top_Cat

haha, Conn maintaining Australian sports journo's usual 'high' standards I see.

Burgey

Goes without saying that Paine will be out a while if his finger is as bad as it looked last night. Nasty blow there. Haddin better stay fit then.

Top_Cat

Didn't see it, was the injury that bad i.e. enough to keep him out of a game? Hard enough being a 'keeper and obviously only one spot in a team available, always looked at them like this guy;

Last edited:

Burgey

"It's just a flesh wound..."

Looked like the proximal knuckle of his index finger, looked pretty ugly mate, tbh.