• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

should bowlers be allowed to wear sunglasses

jouerducricket

Cricket Spectator
Do sunglasses give the bowler an advantage because the batsmen can't see where he in trying to pitch the ball?
Is it fair?
If it isn't fair, what rule stops it?
Why don't more bowlers wear sunglassses?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They shouldn't be allowed to because, in general, they look like a dick. Bloke at our club does it, everyone just shakes their head. Unless it's Greg Blewett, because he wore them while bowling more than 130km/h... :cool:

There's not advantage to it, let them do it.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
They shouldn't be allowed to because, in general, they look like a dick. Bloke at our club does it, everyone just shakes their head. Unless it's Greg Blewett, because he wore them while bowling more than 130km/h... :cool:

There's not advantage to it, let them do it.
Pretty much this. Though i personally dont find it as annoying (as a batsman) as the bowler bowling with their hat on.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunglasses and hats are all fine, what I can't stand are popped collars

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's surely a delicious irony that the sponsored link I'm seeing at the bottom of the page is for a sunglasses company! :laugh: