• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overrated, over-indulged and overpaid

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Now, on rankings, Australia has the fifth-best Test team in the world, and it's all the selectors' fault. Give me a break, please

You know an article is struggling when sentences like that are written.

Because people are criticising the selectors, that means that they are saying it's all their fault?

The selectors are wankers and deserve criticism - clinging to dear life to players averaging in the 30s, and putting us back to where we were four years ago....full of oldies, except this time we're ranked fifth, not 1st.

Selectors can't always, if ever, be blamed for losing. But they can be blamed for selecting a team that's old and losing.
Yeah I agree. We may have lost our ATGs in the past couple years, but by no means should mediocrity now be acceptable

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's got the right Idea, but it is so poorly written imo. As am example, I cannot count the number of times lately I've heard/read people mentioning how Hodge should be selected, without realising/knowing he's retired etc. It's one thing to criticise the selectors etc. but fmd at least get a ****ing clue before doing it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah agree, right idea (i.e. don't pin it entirely on the selectors, they're not on the park, etc.) but some of what he's written is laughable. Picks nothing but bowlers as evidence the selector's aren't resistant to change when they're being criticised for the batting combination they've stuck with. It's amateurish writing.