• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Will move this into the Ashes sub-forum when the time is appropriate.

Slats currently talking about his gym routine and the type of heart rate monitor he uses.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shattered Test Match Sofa isn't doing commentary on the first ODI between Aust and SL :(

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
They are terrible. I actually get angry just listening to most of the commentators on channel 9. No joke, I'd probably pay about $500 to listen to the foxsports commentators instead of Channel 9's.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't bear it anymore, find myself actually shouting at the TV when they're talking. And it's not like it's just one or two commentators that are bad, it's the whole ****ing lot, so there's no relief at all.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sweet, more people whinging about commentary. Can't believe we haven't had a thread on this before...

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Greig, Lawry and Benaud all need to go.

In - Brayshaw, MWaugh and Fleming.
Fleming, Blewett, Brayshaw. Maybe M Waugh, at least he tell it like it is. Fleming should be the next one in. I'm Brayshaw doesnt a lot of time on hands to be doing all the cricket!

Jayzamann

International Regular
Bit perplexed as they were talking about Malinga earlier like it was his first ever game. I know his action is different and awesome in its own way, but who has never seen it in slow motion before... agonisingly described by Tony Grieg?

howardj

International Coach
Are you kidding?
Lawry and Greig are just on autopilot - there's no attempt or even thought of analysing the game. I'm not even sure they're at the ground - it's just a soundtrack.

Benaud is just full of quips. I used to like Rich when he was naturally witty, nowadays just tries too hard. He should have got out at the same time he retired from commentary in England (2005).

Jayzamann

International Regular
<3 Richie soso much. I'm just glad that he's not bat**** senile at his age, and provides a valuable insight to the cricketing world of yesteryear.

I'd rather have 3 Richies wax lyrical in the comms than 3 Healys.

Ruckus

International Captain
Lawry and Greig are just on autopilot - there's no attempt or even thought of analysing the game. I'm not even sure they're at the ground - it's just a soundtrack.

Benaud is just full of quips. I used to like Rich when he was naturally witty, nowadays just tries too hard. He should have got out at the same time he retired from commentary in England (2005).
I love Greig, the game won't be the same without him imo. I agree though that Benaud isn't nearly as good as he used to be. But he is like 120 so its only understandable...

If there is anyone who tries too hard I reckon its Mark Nicholas.

Ruckus

International Captain
<3 Richie soso much. I'm just glad that he's not bat**** senile at his age, and provides a valuable insight to the cricketing world of yesteryear.

I'd rather have 3 Richies wax lyrical in the comms than 3 Healys.
agree x 1000

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha you're so consistent Howard. You say that every year :p

centurymaker

International Captain
I get the feeling that Ponting will join this channel 9's commentary crew next year (even if only for 1 test). Would love to listen to him speak at the rate of light years :laugh:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I love Greig, the game won't be the same without him imo. I agree though that Benaud isn't nearly as good as he used to be. But he is like 120 so its only understandable...

If there is anyone who tries too hard I reckon its Mark Nicholas.
I'm sorry, but how can anyone like Tony Greig as a commentator? The guy is the biggest douche ever to commentate a game of cricket.