• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder what you will have to say about Boycott. He was quite grumpy. But that was the best part about him.
No, Boycott had a certain charm to his grumpiness. :laugh:

I don't know, he loved certain players (Ganguly) even though they may have been poor in some aspects of batting.. and I get the impression he is much more liked in general than Willis.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I agree with the earlier comments that Taylor is a much more insightful and intelligent cricket commentator than he comes across. A lot of these commentators, even Healy, get better when they're doing the analysis/insight before/after play started. It's just the ball-to-ball that they struggle with.
thats called Rameez syndrome.

smash84

The Tiger King
No, Boycott had a certain charm to his grumpiness. :laugh:

I don't know, he loved certain players (Ganguly) even though they may have been poor in some aspects of batting.. and I get the impression he is much more liked in general than Willis.
True. I think he was the one who termed Ganguly as the prince of Calcutta right???

And yeah. His grumpiness had a certain charm.

masterblaster

International Captain
Here's my list of the top television commentators from each country:

Australia: Ian Chappell
England: Nasser Hussain and Michael Atherton
India: Hasha Bhogle (not much competition there as the rest are poor)
Pakistan: Rameez Raja (again he's the best of a poor bunch)
South Africa: Barry Richards (No other great commentators from South Africa come to mind)
West Indies: Ian Bishop and Michael Holding (I would've said Tony Cozier a generation ago but he seems to be getting worse with age)
Sri Lanka: Russel Arnold (Not a big fan of Ranjit Fernando so I'll give the nod to Russel)
New Zealand: Danny Morrison and Simon Doull (Not a big fan of Ian Smith or Jeremy Coney so I'll go with these two)

howardj

International Coach
Of that mob, I like Athers, Nass and Chappelli.

Harsha is very passionate and knowledgeable but talks too much for TV - he's better suited to radio.

Flem274*

123/5

New Zealand: Danny Morrison and Simon Doull (Not a big fan of Ian Smith or Jeremy Coney so I'll go with these two)
:-OMorrison is like the most hated NZ commentator world wide. Very itstl. Coney is the most popular generally too.

Smith hates Central Districts batsmen so AWTA.

smash84

The Tiger King

Australia: Ian Chappell
England: Nasser Hussain and Michael Atherton
India: Hasha Bhogle (not much competition there as the rest are poor)
Pakistan: Rameez Raja (again he's the best of a poor bunch)
South Africa: Barry Richards (No other great commentators from South Africa come to mind)
West Indies: Ian Bishop and Michael Holding (I would've said Tony Cozier a generation ago but he seems to be getting worse with age)
Sri Lanka: Russel Arnold (Not a big fan of Ranjit Fernando so I'll give the nod to Russel)
My list from each country

Australia: Ian Chappell, Mark Taylor
England: Geoff Boycott (the king of commentators IMO) and David Gower (the Sky team is quite good except for Botham)
Sri Lanka: At this point I can't recall anyone other than Ranjit Fernando and I am not a big fan of his
Pakistan: Ramiz Raja (less crap than the rest)
South Africa: Barry Richards (less crap than the others).
New Zealand: Martin Crowe (whenever he does come into the box)
India: Harsha is good (Sunny and Ravi Shastri seem a little too biased and Ravi seems to suffer from the Mike Haysman kind of syndrome but I will still rate him better than Mike Haysman. Kick out Arun Lal. He is terrible.)

irottev

U19 Cricketer
WHere's Bill and Chappelli?
I miss Bill. I love his old voice and big nose.

Ian Healy is the biggest ****. Had a good chuckle when he was going on about how smart he is for that IQ thing and also when he was making excuses for Australia losing on air being totally biased.