Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    That's not a surprise though. It seems a lot of commentators certainly don't keep up with cricket news as you'd hope they would and seem to simply not have basic knowledge that just about anyone on CW would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Mark Taylor isn't so flash. Last year in the Boxing Day Test, he kept mentioning how New Zealand were going to improve as a Test team because they had Shane Bond, when unknown to Taylor, that Bond had actually pulled the pin on Test cricket.
    I always give Taylor some slack as he was the best on-field captain I have seen. At least some of that insight has to come through into his commentary, right?

I add my vote to those that want Greig and Lawry gone. I think Lawry is a shattered man since Warne retired - just not the same.

Don't mind Taylor. He's no Atherton or Nasser, but he's decent enough. Would probably be better with a different commentary team around him.

Also reckon he suffers from having a bad voice.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Commentators in other countries always seem to have their finger on the pulse, our guys have no idea whats happening outside of our summer, been going on for years and years this garbage.

Gotta say, Ian Chappell is the man for me, great commentator. The rest are hopeless. Love Nasser and Athers too on Sky.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Taylor's the one who sounds like he's talking whilst stuffing his face with pies, isn't he?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Ian Chappell is ****ing hopeless. He's my least favourite out of the lot. Such a negative ****.

Outside of Healy and Chappell there's nothing wrong with the channel 9 commentary.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda View Post
    Commentators in other countries always seem to have their finger on the pulse, our guys have no idea whats happening outside of our summer, been going on for years and years this garbage.

Gotta say, Ian Chappell is the man for me, great commentator. The rest are hopeless. Love Nasser and Athers too on Sky.
    Not the case at all tbh. I remember when Grant Elliott made his test debut the commentators had no idea who he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Not the case at all tbh. I remember when Grant Elliott made his test debut the commentators had no idea who he was.
    That's better than Bill Lawry not knowing who he was in the third game he'd featured in of the summer - all of which Lawry commented in, and two of which he was in the box during Elliott's innings for.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 03-11-2010 at 04:46 AM.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Ian Chappell is ****ing hopeless. He's my least favourite out of the lot. Such a negative ****.

Outside of Healy and Chappell there's nothing wrong with the channel 9 commentary.
    It is when you compare it to Sky though.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    It is when you compare it to Sky though.
    Absolutely, you gotta compare it to other broadcasters. Sky is fabulous.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    That's better than Bill Lawry not knowing who he was in the third game he'd featured in of the summer - all of which Lawry commented in, and two of which he was in the box during Elliott's innings for.
    Really?

All I remember of the commentary that ODI series is Tahny Greeg screaming "HE'S FROM JOBURG! DID YOU KNOW HE'S FROM JOBURG?" and Mark Nicholas creaming his pants over McCullum and Guptill's strokes.

And Ian Chappell going "Elliot? Why did they pick him?" the day of his 60 odd against Aus

U19 12th Man
    I skimmed through and was extremely dissapointed to note that no one dislikes Mark Nicholas. Hyperbole trash that doesn't even make sense 90% of the time and keeps crapping on about how you "sense" things. I'd rather listen to Ian Healy and that is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I skimmed through and was extremely dissapointed to note that no one dislikes Mark Nicholas. Hyperbole trash that doesn't even make sense 90% of the time and keeps crapping on about how you "sense" things. I'd rather listen to Ian Healy and that is saying something.
    He's not worth getting worked up over.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I'm with you, Mark Nicholas is the worst commentator, if not person, in the world. Hate the ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    I'm with you, Mark Nicholas is the worst commentator, if not person, in the world. Hate the ****.
    Agree with this. His flowery, lengthy, drawn out descriptions make puppies die.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information