Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    All my mates, family and people I know who follow cricket absolutely hate Greig as a commentator. Secondly, he was voted the Australian public's least favourite commentator in an Australian cricket survey about 6 months ago that came out in every newspaper and also online, a lot of people took part in that. I also see many people complaining about him on various cricket forums I have been on.
    Huh, well different strokes for different folks I guess.

Btw Robelinda, its this guy (about the 45 s mark)YouTube - Match 36, DC vs RR: Best of Shane Warne:

Do you know who it is?

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Huh, well different strokes for different folks I guess.

Btw Robelinda, its this guy (about the 45 s mark)YouTube - Match 36, DC vs RR: Best of Shane Warne:

Do you know who it is?
    Yep thats Danny!
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Secondly, he was voted the Australian public's least favourite commentator in an Australian cricket survey about 6 months ago that came out in every newspaper and also online, a lot of people took part in that. I also see many people complaining about him on various cricket forums I have been on.
    Tbf that's because he generally cheers on the opposition when they're here.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by robelinda View Post
    Yep thats Danny!
    he's pretty horrendous...."ohhh gooo Warnie!!!" haha...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I'm sorry, but how can anyone like Tony Greig as a commentator? The guy is the biggest douche ever to commentate a game of cricket.
    If opposition fans wanted to be patronized they'd go to kindergarten. Here's some beauties from Grieg off the top of my head:

"I've always had a soft spot for these little Sri Lankans" (series on now)

"Half of these players (NZ) wouldn't make it into County sides, yet here they are punching above their weight!" (20/20 WC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I'm sorry, but how can anyone like Tony Greig as a commentator? The guy is the biggest douche ever to commentate a game of cricket.
    He's good on the 12th Man though. Crap irl, tho.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    If opposition fans wanted to be patronized they'd go to kindergarten. Here's some beauties from Grieg off the top of my head:

"I've always had a soft spot for these little Sri Lankans" (series on now)

"Half of these players (NZ) wouldn't make it into County sides, yet here they are punching above their weight!" (20/20 WC)
    In their marvellous baby blue uniforms
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer sifter132's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Tbf that's because he generally cheers on the opposition when they're here.
    Yeah exactly, he likes antagonising. That's why he and Bill were so entertaining.

But Lawry is the one who needs to go. He's awful. He obviously hasn't watched any of the non-Australian players before, he sprouts cliches like there's no tomorrow and he adds nothing to the commentary knowledge wise eg. he'll ALWAYS calls for a leg gully, and ALWAYS says that the batsmen need to rotate the strike more. The only thing he's got is excitement. But the newer guys like Slater and Healy manage to sound excited enough.

I'm chuffed that there's no Bill today actually. He must be out pigeon racing or something.

Slater is good when he actually talks about cricket. But an important part of any good cricket commentator has to be able to do the off-topic banter well and Slater's is bloody awful to listen to. But he gets distracted to it so easily.

Could see Punter become a good commentator though.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Healy again, talks about how healthy the keeping ranks are in OZ and mentions pretty much everyone but Manou.

**** you.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Ian Healy, James Brayshaw, Ian Healy, Mark Nicholas and sadly now Michael Slater are so woeful that I wish they would all get off the television. I know I'm going to get disagreed with here, but Ian Chappell is the only commentator on Channel 9 worth listening to.

I remember a time soon after Michael Slater retired, when he was commentating for Channel 4 in England where he was a fantastic commentator. He bought great knowledge of the game as a successful opening batsman, could relate to the players and what they were going through and bought an energy and excitement that made even slow, one sided days of test cricket compelling.

Now he seems to have turned up the volume so much to pander to the casual cricket watchers and bogans that he seems to have really regressed as a commentator. It's sad as he used to be one of my favourite commentators.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I realise now that I mentioned Ian Healy twice. It's okay, he's that bad that he deserves to be mentioned twice.

Tony Greig is the worst commentator going around, so many reasons to hate him - his voice, the fact that he's patronising, his stupid ****ing hat, he's a moron.

The other thing that bugs me about C9's team is that whoever's in the box seems to have this urge to constantly be talking, which leads to a lot of crap. C9 are like an annoying girl who doesn't like sitting in silence, so she'll just constantly talk at you, and since there's an infinite amount that is actually interesting, most of the time she'll just annoy you with talking absolute rubbish. The Sky team on the other hand, are comfortable enough that they don't have to fill each and every second with noise and at times are quite comfortable with just sitting there and letting the cricket speak for itself.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Cant believe people actually stood up for Richie Benaud. He is horrible, he just mutters on about random **** while the other commentators mutter on about the match. How do these guys even have a job? Are channel 9 that stupid?

Kerry O'Keefe for Channel 9 commentator, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Mark Taylor isn't so flash. Last year in the Boxing Day Test, he kept mentioning how New Zealand were going to improve as a Test team because they had Shane Bond, when unknown to Taylor, that Bond had actually pulled the pin on Test cricket.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information