• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

howardj

International Coach
Flem is building a really good career for himself - ABC, Fox Sports cricket, Before the Bounce (AFL).

He's very witty, and enjoys as all the Fox Sports crew does, taking the piss out of BJ.

howardj

International Coach
I can confirm that Ben Dorries is back on Shield duties, and covered the WA v Qld game here at the Gabba just passed.

Crash Craddock has stepped in.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
does Thommo do commentary regularly for any network? His opinions are sometimes a little too controversial and his style a little too blunt but I quite liked him as a commentator. Was refreshing to see someone who was not afraid to speak his mind.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
does Thommo do commentary regularly for any network? His opinions are sometimes a little too controversial and his style a little too blunt but I quite liked him as a commentator. Was refreshing to see someone who was not afraid to speak his mind.
Nah I think he went by the way side when Optus Vision went out a few years back now.

He was OTT sometimes but, well, you could never accuse him of being less than forthright :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah I think he went by the way side when Optus Vision went out a few years back now.

He was OTT sometimes but, well, you could never accuse him of being less than forthright :)
yeah.. what I meant by my last few sentences.. You managed it in a single word. :)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
He was doing radio over here last summer, mainly the Pakistan-Australia series iirc. I think he was on during the Ashes in 2009 a bit too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Loved how the 9 commies talked up Ponting. Nicks his first scoring shot between 5 guys behind the wicket on the offside = lucky. Nicking to first slip and not taken = lucky, even though it would have been a good catch had it been pulled off. And apparently, he doesn't have any luck and is batting beautifully.. :laugh:

I have said this before.. Channel 9 is worse than any commentary team out of India, EVER. And I am including the stupid hindi commentators here...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think his career was done when he was caught (on camera) picking his nose in Sri Lanka. It wasn't just a pick, it was a big dig.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Loved how the 9 commies talked up Ponting. Nicks his first scoring shot between 5 guys behind the wicket on the offside = lucky. Nicking to first slip and not taken = lucky, even though it would have been a good catch had it been pulled off. And apparently, he doesn't have any luck and is batting beautifully.. :laugh:

I have said this before.. Channel 9 is worse than any commentary team out of India, EVER. And I am including the stupid hindi commentators here...
Drop was off Watson.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting that both Slater and Taylor are both starting to stick the boot into the Aussies and not toeing the traditional party line

Spark

Global Moderator
Slater's been very honest, articulate and insightful this summer. After being quite poor last summer and before he's actually been very impressive this summer. Was very good in his TMSpecial stint as well, can see why the English posters rated him highly after his work on their media.

Taylor - I'm not surprised to see him calling it like it is.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Overall I find the Nine presentation **** house. Aside from missing play for the news, too many replays overlap the beginning of a delivery, incessant talking during deliveries and long boring monologues

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Overall I find the Nine presentation **** house. Aside from missing play for the news, too many replays overlap the beginning of a delivery, incessant talking during deliveries and long boring monologues
SO annoying. We may have our commentators but we get your pictures, and that happens over and over again.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
SO annoying. We may have our commentators but we get your pictures, and that happens over and over again.
Way too many replays and fancy graphics so we miss the run up. Just let me watch the damn cricket. Camera work is pretty poor

Classic Catches. what a joke too

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah those used to be good but now they're just showing every catch that isn't a complete sitter