• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah? Sadgopan ****ing Ramesh lives in walking distance of mine. :(
The Chepauk Stadium lives walking distance from me..

While we are on that, they are not yet done with the rebuilding thing there. I really dunno if we will be ready for the ODI against NZ.. Plus them rains are lashing.. :)

Teja.

Global Moderator
The Chepauk Stadium lives walking distance from me..

While we are on that, they are not yet done with the rebuilding thing there. I really dunno if we will be ready for the ODI against NZ.. Plus them rains are lashing.. :)
Haha, I can't afford tickets anyway, man. Particularly to an ODI. Would have loved to see a test in Chennai but now that I've moved here, they've started hosting tests in Uppal, Hyderabad. :(

smash84

The Tiger King
Waqar is actually a pretty good commentator, IMHO.
I think your fondness of Waqar's bowling is really clouding (your usually good) judgment on his commentary skills. Waqar is quite terrible in the commentary box really. I would say he is a good bowling coach. He does train the bowlers well in bowling yorkers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, I can't afford tickets anyway, man. Particularly to an ODI. Would have loved to see a test in Chennai but now that I've moved here, they've started hosting tests in Uppal, Hyderabad. :(
yeah.. but we generally try to spend a bit and watch the matches... lets see how it works out.. December is still a while away. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vaughan is the worst *****ing commentator going around at the moment. For the first time in a long time, with him, Alec Stewart and Blofeld nobbling around Sky commentary is better than its radio counterpart

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well chuffed Sky does its own comm for the Ashes instead of just fliching 9's feed.

The only one of Sky's voices I'd swap would be Botham for Benuad. The latter is bizarrely in danger of being underrated now, based on some of the comments in this thread. Still adheres to the simple MO of if you can't add to the picture the viewers can see, don't say anything. Less is more.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lucky bastards. Wish we could hijack. Ah well, there's always Grandstand and the Sofa.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tubby Taylor is growing on me as a commentator. He's starting to show a bit more thought with most of his comments.

He's still no patch on Flemo and Blewy who are awesome on Fox Sports.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tubby Taylor is growing on me as a commentator. He's starting to show a bit more thought with most of his comments.

He's still no patch on Flemo and Blewy who are awesome on Fox Sports.
I like what Tubby says; hate the way he says it. Worst voice. Well, second worst to Greig, obvz.

Taylor sounds like he has a finger up each nostril.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well chuffed Sky does its own comm for the Ashes instead of just fliching 9's feed.

The only one of Sky's voices I'd swap would be Botham for Benuad. The latter is bizarrely in danger of being underrated now, based on some of the comments in this thread. Still adheres to the simple MO of if you can't add to the picture the viewers can see, don't say anything. Less is more.
So true. And Botham has got to be the worst of the Sky commentators.