Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Tendulkar vs The Ashes

  1. #61
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    ashes never scored a single run against WI, Ind, Pak, SL, NZ and SA. his stats are limited to two opponents who were minnows for a long long time, and in fact one of them - whose name starts with A, is turning into a minnow now. and he has played only in two countries. not enough stats to judge how good he would have been against akram or murali or donald at their peaks.
    Brilliant.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

  2. #62
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    8,991
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    ashes never scored a single run against WI, Ind, Pak, SL, NZ and SA. his stats are limited to two opponents who were minnows for a long long time, and in fact one of them - whose name starts with A, is turning into a minnow now. and he has played only in two countries. not enough stats to judge how good he would have been against akram or murali or donald at their peaks.
    three

  3. #63
    International Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,072
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    three
    is it something about the scotland, england, wales thing i dont understand?

  4. #64
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,147
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    is it something about the scotland, england, wales thing i dont understand?
    The first Test in the 2009 series wasn't played in England.


  5. #65
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,652
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    three
    tbh
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  6. #66
    International Captain bagapath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,072
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The first Test in the 2009 series wasn't played in England.

    that is a minnow nation anyway. so sachin > ashes

  7. #67
    State Vice-Captain Debris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    1,304
    Is this thread still not dead? Seriously, these 'versus' threads got old and tiresome really fast.

  8. #68
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Debris View Post
    Is this thread still not dead? Seriously, these 'versus' threads got old and tiresome really fast.
    Just cuz you can't beat Sachin.

  9. #69
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,074
    One advantage Sachin has over The Ashes is he isn't linked in anyway whatsoever to Xavier Doherty's bowling.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  10. #70
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,443
    Tendulkar has a Test bowling average of 52.77.

    The Australian bowling attack this series averages 85.26

    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

  11. #71
    State Vice-Captain Debris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Just cuz you can't beat Sachin.
    Although not quite as tiresome as the predictable response.

  12. #72
    Cricket Spectator tridibans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    gotham city
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    One advantage Sachin has over The Ashes is he isn't linked in anyway whatsoever to Xavier Doherty's bowling.
    Atleast Sachin's spin bowling makes the ball spin
    As Daryll Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Shane Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him.

    "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can Ponting overtake Tendulkar?
    By Sir Alex in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 17-02-2010, 02:40 AM
  2. The unhealthy obsession with the Ashes
    By Fidel Castro in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 16-04-2009, 08:31 PM
  3. Best ODI batsman?
    By honestbharani in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •