• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes 2010-2011 - Fantasy Cricket

Spark

Global Moderator
**** yes four ducks. Almost five too.

And so awesome seeing Broad and Anderson outbowling every other bowler in the game save one and getting two wickets between them...

:dry:

And I would have had Haddin too because I was going to pick on form, and Haddin's form leading in looked quite good. But I decided it would make my team too Aus-heavy. ****.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
**** yes four ducks. Almost five too.

And so awesome seeing Broad and Anderson outbowling every other bowler in the game save one and getting two wickets between them...

:dry:

And I would have had Haddin too because I was going to pick on form, and Haddin's form leading in looked quite good. But I decided it would make my team too Aus-heavy. ****.
I was picking my team based on who I thought would do the best in conditions relative to their price, which means I should've picked Haddin too. I left him out, like you, because my team was too Aussie-heavy, and also because fantasy cricket doesn't punish **** wicket keeping.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that's my modus operandi too but I reckon Prior in form would score a fair few runs here. So in the end it came down to form vs. "bias". Not making that mistake again for sure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah that's my modus operandi too but I reckon Prior in form would score a fair few runs here. So in the end it came down to form vs. "bias". Not making that mistake again for sure.
It wasn't so much that I thought I was being biased, but that I thought my team was too dependant on Australia doing particularly well with Haddin in it. And yeah, I think Prior's a better batsman than Haddin, even if perhaps not in Australian conditions.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's a good way of looking at it.

I'm just waiting for Collingwood to get his one big score out of the way for this series so I can bring Watto in.

Wasn't counting on Clarke being all kinds of undercooked, too...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very nearly brought Jimmeh in for Mitch but went for Siddle in the end. Bah.

Twatto my captain tho, so his 50 helps slightly.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Changed Broad for Tremlett, North for Collingwood, brought in Punter on points. Smiling at Cook being rated "D" before the series, been top scorer by miles.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook at D was always very underrated, first man on my teamsheet.

Trying to pick a bowling lineup is almost impossible since you have no idea what Australia are going to do. I'm sticking with keeping my team mainly English.