View Poll Results: Who will win the series?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

    22 29.73%
  • Draw (England retain Ashes by virtue of hammering the filth in 09)

    9 12.16%
  • Australia

    43 58.11%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 126

Thread: Who's gonna win?

  1. #61
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,732
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Gah, was going to write my bit on the Ashes Blog about how Australia don't seem to be winning the crucial moments of games (esp. Tests), a characteristic that was the opposite of the teams before McGrath and Warne retired. Now I'm just going to be stating the obvious.
    Yeah, no more Australianism.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  2. #62
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,374
    I want my vote to be changed to England.

  3. #63
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, no more Australianism.
    Nah Australianism was coming back from the dead right.

    It's just no longer an Australian thing. It's Indianism and Sri Lankanism and Pakistanism now lol.

    It's a common thing nowadays
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Nah Australianism was coming back from the dead right.

    It's just no longer an Australian thing. It's Indianism and Sri Lankanism and Pakistanism now lol.

    It's a common thing nowadays
    Haha, I think it's just goodteamism. The better and more experienced a team is as a whole, the more likely its players - even the lesser ones - are to stand up in clutch moments or pull games out of the fire. It's all about confidence and self-belief which is generally created by a winning atmosphere, experienced heads and - shock horror - good players. That's why it happened so often with those Australian teams of the late nineties and early 2000s - they had experience, confidence and quality in high supply.

    I'm going to keep calling it Australianism even when other teams do it though, just to piss Manan off.


  5. #65
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,200
    Haha I reckon rather than piss him off, he gets back at everyone else by calling it Australianism when they win tests that are fixed

    Remember Pasag's reaction to his post

  6. #66
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,796
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    I want my vote to be changed to England.
    The worm is turning.

    In all honesty what Cricket Australia thought would be a nice confidence booster leading into the series is turning into a disaster and just piling on the pressure on the selectors and players.

    A few weeks back there was a lot of talk on here about how it will all be fine once Siddle returns but he got smashed today.What next,pinning all hope on Bollinger and Harris who will surely be undercooked if picked for Brisbane.

    Makes a refreshing change for you guys to be in the mess instead of us as we have had so many shambolic tours with injuries and selection issues in the last 20 years i have lost count.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,732
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    A few weeks back there was a lot of talk on here about how it will all be fine once Siddle returns but he got smashed today.
    Haha so much wrong with this post. Firstly, Siddle's unlikely to play in the Ashes unless someone gets injured or the spinner gets dropped, so he's not not going to be a big factor anyway. No-one was looking to him as the saviour. Secondly, he's always **** in ODIs and it's not really a good pointer to how he'd bowl if he played in Tests anyway.

  8. #68
    State Vice-Captain Kylez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    The worm is turning.

    In all honesty what Cricket Australia thought would be a nice confidence booster leading into the series is turning into a disaster and just piling on the pressure on the selectors and players.

    A few weeks back there was a lot of talk on here about how it will all be fine once Siddle returns but he got smashed today.What next,pinning all hope on Bollinger and Harris who will surely be undercooked if picked for Brisbane.

    Makes a refreshing change for you guys to be in the mess instead of us as we have had so many shambolic tours with injuries and selection issues in the last 20 years i have lost count.
    Yeah, because we are all so worried about how Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger will perform in Australian bowling conditions . We really need Siddle, even though 4 quicks might not even be played at the GABBA..

    Siddle got smashed around today in an ODI ( A format he isn't even that good at in the first place ), so by your logic, Siddle is going to fail in the Ashes? I saw Siddle's return first class game and he looked very impressive.

  9. #69
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    Yeah, because we are all so worried about how Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger will perform in Australian bowling conditions . We really need Siddle, even though 4 quicks might not even be played at the GABBA..

    Siddle got smashed around today in an ODI ( A format he isn't even that good at in the first place ), so by your logic, Siddle is going to fail in the Ashes? I saw Siddle's return first class game and he looked very impressive.
    Losing is a habit and bowling badly becomes a habit.I don't know how many games Siddle will have with the red ball before Brisbane and whether he could be playing one instead of being picked in the one day side but picking the wrong team and ending up losing is a common theme at present,who is to say the selectors will pick the right test side in a few weeks.

    Not really followed Siddle much in ODI's but he could just be an Aussie version of Hoggard,great with a red ball and awful with a white one.Just seemed strange seeing him bowl such utter tripe today when he was supposedly firing on all cylinders.

  10. #70
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,189
    It would be really interesting if we can re-run this vote just before the series starts, and see if things have changed.

  11. #71
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    62
    England should win and win well. All settled, confident, this is the big chance to do it. The convicts won't be this weak in four years' time.

  12. #72
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,244
    Quote Originally Posted by treamcast34 View Post
    England should win and win well. All settled, confident, this is the big chance to do it. The convicts won't be this weak in four years' time.
    The lineup might be settled, but the batting isn't particularly firing or in form.

    Since the last Ashes:

    Strauss - 511 runs @ 31.93, 4 50s
    Cook - 855 runs @ 42.75, 4 100s, 2 50s
    Trott - 995 @ 52.36, 2 100s, 4 50s
    Pietersen - 659 @ 36.91, 5 50s
    Collingwood - 611 @ 40.73, 1 100, 4 50s
    Bell - 719 @ 65.36, 3 100s, 2 50s
    Prior - 570 @ 38.00, 1 100, 5 50s

    vs

    Katich - 1101 @ 55.05, 2 100s, 8 50s
    Watson - 1021 @ 51.05, 2 100s, 7 50s
    Ponting - 905 @ 43.09, 1 100, 7 50s
    Clarke - 897 @ 47.21, 2 100s, 4 50s
    Hussey - 763 @ 40.15, 1 100, 5 50s
    North - 595 @ 31.31, 2 100s, 3 50s
    Haddin - 366 @ 36.60, 2 50s

    For every weakness in Australia's lineup, there's an equivelant in England's.

  13. #73
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    Quote Originally Posted by treamcast34 View Post
    England should win and win well. All settled, confident, this is the big chance to do it. The convicts won't be this weak in four years' time.
    big statement this. The Aussies will once again beat the **** out of England. They are no pushovers at home. Even in the mid to late 1980s when the Aussies were a reasonably ordinary side they were quite tough to beat at home.

    England will eat **** once more. I can't see anyone other than Swann in their bowling attack who will trouble the Aussies.

  14. #74
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,200
    CW heavily in favour of Australia it seems. 36-20

  15. #75
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,615
    36-29 to be more accurate. Draw = England win for all intents and purposes.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who's gonna leave us at the World Cup?
    By Francis in forum World Cup 2007
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 14-01-2007, 11:20 AM
  2. whens this gonna start
    By cbuts in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 13-04-2005, 02:57 AM
  3. Who is gonna win the Sept 19th clash???
    By wahindiawah in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2004
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 21-09-2004, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •