View Poll Results: Who will win the series?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

22 29.73%
  • Draw (England retain Ashes by virtue of hammering the filth in 09)

9 12.16%
  • Australia

43 58.11%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's gonna win?

Australia, 3-1.

Australia are on a low,
    and England have the Urn,
    but by the end of the Ashes,
    those positions will be overturned.

Rhyming is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Prince C View Post
    Both appear to be ginger too!
    Goes without saying tbh.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Australia are getting very under-rated very quickly. People are forgetting how good they are in home conditions. I'm pretty much neutral as to who I'm supporting these days but I'm definitely tipping Australia. It won't be a blowout of 2006/07 proportions but it will be pretty comfortable IMO.
    Yeah, we've lost like 2 home series in 20 years, I can't see us losing against the Poms. However, I don't think it'll be that comfortable, and at least a couple of players will be axed.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

School Boy/Girl Captain DragonPunk's Avatar
    Australia to win 2-1, with the urn continuing to change heads in home series for each side.

I'm opting for a drawn series. 2-2.

Very even, I can't see a lot of difference between the two teams. On the plus side for England is Swann and Australia's suspect middle order. On the plus side for Australia is their awesome home record and England's terrible record down under.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Australian victory the most likely outcome but England have quite a lot going for them imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Australia are getting very under-rated very quickly. People are forgetting how good they are in home conditions. I'm pretty much neutral as to who I'm supporting these days but I'm definitely tipping Australia. It won't be a blowout of 2006/07 proportions but it will be pretty comfortable IMO.
    Nah, you're overrating them. They are a bunch of average cricketers who wouldn't make the Aigburth thirds, barring Clarke who'd get a run in the England Lions squad. They only squeezed past Pakistan and the West Indies, and let's face it, one of them is questionable. Don't let the name fool you, Australia are ****ing **** and quite frankly it's a joke that we even have to play five Tests against such poor opposition. They aren't even ranked in the top four FFS!!!

"It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Been so long since one, I think that we're due a drawn series.
    A draw's very unlikely in a five-match series. There are much fewer combinations of results that end up in a drawn series than there are that end with a victory for either side.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Lol...

Faisal I take it you were born in 85?

You were two when England last won here. It won't happen.

Actually, it can't happen.

So hardcore these Ashes fans...you are right about the age though.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

England's pace attack is **** in Aussie conditions and it is incredibly hard to succeed as a spinner in Australia, however good Swanneh is. The fact that the Australian bowling attack could be competitive against an awesome Indian batting line-up shows how very good they are. Paris Hilton winning the Nobel Peace Prize is a likelier event than England defending the Ashes.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    England's pace attack is **** in Aussie conditions and it is incredibly hard to succeed as a spinner in Australia, however good Swanneh is. The fact that the Australian bowling attack could be competitive against an awesome Indian batting line-up shows how very good they are. Paris Hilton winning the Nobel Peace Prize is a likelier event than England defending the Ashes.

Tempted to sig that. I'll be cheering for Australia as usual but just in case the unthinkable happens.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Nobel Peace Prize is a joke now a days.

England's pace attack is **** in Aussie conditions
    With respect, Teja, it's bit premature to write them off just yet. Remember, only one of them (Jimmy) has ever played a Test in Australia. Given their natural abilities, the others (Finn, Tremlett, Broad) might be quite well suited to the conditions.

Anyway, we shall see........................

FMD.

Actually what I mean to say is - you're right. Our entire pace attack has horrid records in Australia, every single one of them has gone there and failed as the same bowler they are today. It's not like Jimmeh's the only one who has played there and did so whilst raw, under prepared and returning from injury.
    Spin bowling's been difficult most places for years now, I mean South Africa's not exactly renowned for producing bunsens and Swann had a shocker of a series there.

Frankly you're chatting crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    A draw's very unlikely in a five-match series. There are much fewer combinations of results that end up in a drawn series than there are that end with a victory for either side.
    I heard that it is due to be quiet wet compared to usual in Australia this year. If that is true then there may be a chance of getting a drawn series. I would be very surprised if it happened but is probably the best chance for a while in Australia.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information