• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ripper868

International Coach

Everyone loves em and all Aussies love stealing em from the English. (yep we are still thieves before any of you poms jump on that)

Calling out GIMH to accept the challenge. 2 months (will consider an alternative amount if you wish)

In the spirit of the 5 test series, it'll be 5 legged with 1 point awarded for each leg, in the event of a tie, both will select each others Avatar.
I win if:
1. Australia win the Ashes
2. An Australian Bowler takes most wickets in series
3. An Australian Batsman scores most runs in series
4. Australia Wins more coin tosses
5. Australia concede the least amount of sundries (including wides, no balls, leg byes, byes)

Gimh wins if:
I win if:
1. England win/retain the Ashes
2. An English Bowler takes most wickets in series
3. An English Batsman scores most runs in series (tempted to make it english born and bred tbh)
4. England win more coin tosses
5. England concede the least amount of sundries (including wides, no balls, leg byes, byes)

Let the fun begin!

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I already have a bet with Ikki...will take yours as well and in the unlikely event of an England defeat, my forefeit from you can start just after it does with Ikki, if that makes sense.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Are you backing out of our two year bet?

Typical
Oh bloody hell, I did bet that as well.

Well I tell you what - I had forgotten all about it.

In the unlikely even of an England defeat, I'll take all three bets - I'll do the forefeit for your last if that's okay, as it will come after only a couple of months?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Oh bloody hell, I did bet that as well.

Well I tell you what - I had forgotten all about it.

In the unlikely even of an England defeat, I'll take all three bets - I'll do the forefeit for your last if that's okay, as it will come after only a couple of months?
Yeah no problem. Just to clarify

One year avatar for the series loser
Two years if the loser doesn't win a test match.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd consider taking ripper's bet if it's modified slightly. Not enough importance on the series winner for my liking.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm all ears...and do agree. What do you propose?
I like the idea of sidebets deciding the winner of the bet, my issue is that you'd be in the lead if Haddin/Paine keeps better and Ponting wins more tosses, even if England are 3-0 up after Perth. Maybe 1 point for each Test won, with 0.5 each for a draw, bonus point for a series win?

Mine was going to be a simple England will still hold the urn come January 6th. Winner picks the loser's avatar until the loser's team either a) overtakes the other in the ICC rankings or b) regains the Ashes, whichever is sooner.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
I like the idea of sidebets deciding the winner of the bet, my issue is that you'd be in the lead if Haddin/Paine keeps better and Ponting wins more tosses, even if England are 3-0 up after Perth. Maybe 1 point for each Test won, with 0.5 each for a draw, bonus point for a series win?

Mine was going to be a simple England will still hold the urn come January 6th. Winner picks the loser's avatar until the loser's team either a) overtakes the other in the ICC rankings or b) regains the Ashes, whichever is sooner.
How about:
2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions (over the series)
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker (over the series)
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

More skill related instead of byes etc. Do like the duration stipulation.

EDIT or alternatively, just a straight up Whoever wins/retains bet.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson will end up with a better bowling average (or more wickets - either or...) than Swann - 2 months - English only (if either player is injured - and cannot take part in at least 3 games - deals off)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How about:
2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions (over the series)
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker (over the series)
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

More skill related instead of byes etc. Do like the duration stipulation.

I'll take that bet.

chalky

International Debutant
Cook will have a higher batting average than Watson. Am willing to give up Waqar for a month if anyone fancies it.

pasag

RTDAS
lol, how did ginger get banned?

My bet for any Pom goes by each toss. If Aus wins the toss I choose your avatar till the next toss and vice versa over the length of the series.