• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anyone else in a situation where you get to watch the last and then the first sessions of the game? :laugh:

Uppercut

Managed to catch the morning and tea sessions. Fell asleep for a solid three hours in between. Handily I have every morning-after off for the rest of this test so can freely screw around with my sleeping habits completely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm feeling little thick headed, but aiming for same routine tonight. Kip 7.30-11.30, watch til 3.30 or so, exercise, shower, hour or so's play then hour and a half's more kip from 6-7.30.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've had approx 3hrs sleep at best in the last 37 and am reduced to speaking small words very slowly amidst very poor sentences. I am like a walking copy of the Daily Mirror with fewer ****.

Plan for the next three hours is finish boarding duty ASAP before three hours' shut-eye ahead of the morning session. I can then get 40 mins at lunch and 20 mins at tea before getting stuck in from 5am onward with a shower 7.30ish. Only teaching 9.30-10.40 tomorrow, followed by sitting through a musical performance about some ecofriendly nonsense that is guaranteed to send me out like a light. Must ensure I sit next to a child who understands the Ashes and will nudge me firmly in the ribs BEFORE I start to snore.

On the plus side, I'm getting shedloads of marking done.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Will try to stay up as long as possible tonight, but already a bit knackered from exam **** so reckon ill only make it till Lunch

King Pietersen

International Captain
Trying to decide on tomorow's breakfast, have been told Subway do a good breakfast Sub.
Can't say I was particularly impressed by the Breakfast Sub. It's McDonalds breakfast all the way for me.

How England perform in the first hour will dictate how long I stay up tonight. If they have a good first hour I'll stick it out as long as I can and more than likely skip my lecture in the morning; if they fail to take a wicket or are bowling pies I'm off to bed.

chalky

International Debutant
Don't remember ever seeing threads like this when Australia tour England - obviously the aussie posters on this forum are a bunch of work shy bums who don't have to worry about getting up in the morning :ph34r:

Last edited:

vcs

I've had approx 3hrs sleep at best in the last 37 and am reduced to speaking small words very slowly amidst very poor sentences. I am like a walking copy of the Daily Mirror with fewer ****.

Plan for the next three hours is finish boarding duty ASAP before three hours' shut-eye ahead of the morning session. I can then get 40 mins at lunch and 20 mins at tea before getting stuck in from 5am onward with a shower 7.30ish. Only teaching 9.30-10.40 tomorrow, followed by sitting through a musical performance about some ecofriendly nonsense that is guaranteed to send me out like a light. Must ensure I sit next to a child who understands the Ashes and will nudge me firmly in the ribs BEFORE I start to snore.

On the plus side, I'm getting shedloads of marking done.
:laugh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't say I was particularly impressed by the Breakfast Sub. It's McDonalds breakfast all the way for me.
Rain meant it was McDonalds again for me today as Subway was not open, got to vary it up tomorow though.

Work tomorow, if anyone buys tickets for the midnight Harry Potter that finishes at 2.50 I am going to throw Nacho cheese in their face.

Going to miss Jimi taking the last 5 wickets in the first hour no matter what though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I had a huge bowl of porridge. Might try McDonalds' Festive Burger at lunchtime. Having a few beers tonight so there will be no funny sleep patterns, just a case of surviving as long as I can tonight.