• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

Woodster

International Captain
If you have the whole series off why don't you just watch the lot live and sleep during the day?
It's a thought mate, but would struggle when I have to go in work the day after the Test. Providing I don't find out the score, when I watch it in the day it's like watching it live anyway.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Okay, staying up through the night tips, please.

I did reasonably well last time, but it looks like the only Test I don't have any working days after is the 4th.

What is everyone else in the non-evil part of the world planning to do RE staying up etc?

... well...i shall be watching the second test...as i shall be on a break from work,so this makes it slighlty easier...and..i guess champagne and colin the caterpillar sweets will help keep me up for the night time play.. and i shall then stay in bed and sleep in the morning...to help me recover for the next nights play.... and it will be all over for Australia come the Sunday, i expect we are that good ..:)

Faisal1985

For us in Eastern time zone in Canada/US it starts when we return home from work..around 5-6pm....so.....YEAAH!

simmy

International Regular
Here is my plan...

Record the entire live coverage throughout the night... then watch through the day...

Just tell all cricketing friends not to text you... dont watch the news and change cricinfo or bbc or whatever else your homepage is...

Downside is... you cant bet on it in-play :(

Faisal1985

Here is my plan...

Record the entire live coverage throughout the night... then watch through the day...

Just tell all cricketing friends not to text you... dont watch the news and change cricinfo or bbc or whatever else your homepage is...

Terrible plan mate.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Here is my plan...

Yeah, that never works. Every time I’ve tried recording a sporting event to watch later, someone/something invariably spoils it for me. If you venture outside, there is a high chance that someone will be talking about the result and it will be within earshot. Or you would be browsing something online or watching a TV show that has absolutely nothing to do with sports and it will make a reference to it. It’s like the Sports Gods are angry if you don’t watch the event live.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, that never works. Every time I’ve tried recording a sporting event to watch later, someone/something invariably spoils it for me. If you venture outside, there is a high chance that someone will be talking about the result and it will be within earshot. Or you would be browsing something online or watching a TV show that has absolutely nothing to do with sports and it will make a reference to it. It’s like the Sports Gods are angry if you don’t watch the event live.
To be fair though, if he's kipping overnight then watching it straight away it won't be too difficult to watch it without finding out the score.

Personally I'm seriously considering getting Sky because of the Ashes, just need to work out the costings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: AWTA!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To be fair though, if he's kipping overnight then watching it straight away it won't be too difficult to watch it without finding out the score.

Personally I'm seriously considering getting Sky because of the Ashes, just need to work out the costings.
I've gone one further and got HD installed just for the Ashes :D

simmy

International Regular
Yeah you are right...

Nocturnal lifestyle ftw.... :P

Faisal1985

Is it on cable over there mate, or do you have to stream it?
I have a box that streams it to the TV....it has quite many channels actually....you can also get a satellite dish and by the package....

But i am sure you can find it online too... willow.tv has some good quality streaming..

Will put up some free links once it begins....

Last edited: