• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I went to bed at Lunch yesterday but hardly managed to sleep. Feeling it now. Will stay up for the first session again. At least theres only 2 more days till the weekend

Woodster

International Captain
I'm feeling for you all I am. The beauty of booking every day of the Ashes off means I can watch till either lunch or tea depending, Sky plus the rest and watch the following day without knowing the score, has worked a treat so far. Then throw in the fact I've Sky plussed the SA vs India series, currently making my way through the fourth day, and it has been a cricketing feast! The bonus of 30 days holiday a year and fobbed my girlfriend off with no summer holiday!Tbf, she still had one with her mates so everyone was happy!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
With Z on the hate for the Sky lunch specials. Every time I've thought to myself "right, that's enough, bed time" they'll throw something on that looks really interesting (tbf, given the lack of Test cricket I've seen pre 2003, they could put on a ball by ball special of Geoff Boycott and I'd find it interesting) and before I know it, it's time for the afternoon session.

Only had 4 hours sleep Monday into Tuesday, so fell asleep shortly after lunch with the TV on, woke up again at about 5:30 to see Bell on 89*, thought about watching him through to his century but decided that since he'd done so well when I'd been asleep that I'd be jinxing him and went back to sleep.

Can't decide whether I should watch the morning session to see England's tail pay the Aussies back or get an early night and get up early in the hope of the Test being wrapped up in the evening, which is probably being overly optimistic.

Woodster

International Captain
I hate you so much.

:p
:laugh:

It's not all cups of tea, sandwiches and happy days, my girlfriend thinks because I'm at home it shouldn't be a problem for me to work my way through the chores ?? Do me a favour, she doesn't realise how draining and how focused you need to be to concentrate on all the cricket!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
First day with a proper night sleep for me today and I woke up at 1pm. Unfortunately was meant to meet in Manchester to play football at 1...made it to the ground 5 minutes before KO.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, in the last 46 hours I've had about four hours' kip, and they were squashed up at a ridiculous angle against the window on flight MH2 from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow. So my body clock is now utterly flummoxed and I have NFI what time/day it is.

Hence, I am off to sleep and hope to wake some time tomorrow morning, broadly back on GMT.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Tomorrow will be the first day off I've had for a week, so looking forward to a long lie.

Pretty sure both T20s are D/N, so should be on at a reasonable hour.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Since the Ashes I can't get to sleep till about 3 in the morning and sleep till 2 in the afternoon, has completely messed up my internal body clock.

Wouldn't have missed it for the world mind.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Managed to fix my patterns fairly quickly, just had a mega sleep last Friday night that put me right