• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Loved the whole watching experience of the 06/07 Ashes, was just when I was fully getting into cricket (becoming slightly obsessive about it). Would wake up, and watch until I couldn't leave for school any later. Get home and watch the highlights to catch up on anything I'd missed.

This time I've got nada. No Sky Sports, and no PC internet connection from 11pm until 7am so I won't be streaming. :(
A digital radio will keep you sane.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
From past experience I usually manage the first session pretty comfortably. Lunch is the killer tho.

Plan for work days this year is to watch morning, catch three or so hours kip and tune back in for apres tea.
Ach, that's tough. Once you hit the wall, you hit the wall. There's very little chance of coming back after 3 hours kip from 2am to 5am.

But there's no easy way out. My approach of toughing it out beyond lunch has been proven to fail consistently over the years.

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I've just realised I watched the Super Bowl all through the night last year. :smile1:

Now its just a case of doing it on 5 consecutive nights and on 5 seperate occasions...

stumpski

International Captain
Tom,best way is to get to bed early and get yourself up for 2.40 when they come out after lunch.Yes you miss a session but you get 5/6 hours sleep and once you have a few coffees when you are at work it just feels like a poor nights sleep.
Yeah, this. Have to get up pretty early for work in any case, so staying up late isn't really an option (except, probably, the 1st day at Brisbane). Can't do 2.40 though - planning to tune in around 4.45 accompanied by strong coffee and confused cat.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How? I can listen to the radio, that's it.
The two ways round it are:
- convinving step-father to remove my internet time out
- finding £20 a month to fund a Sky Sports subscription and getting mother to agree to setting up a direct debit to her account.
Get an iPhone and download the Sky Sports app.

Personally hoping that having a 3 week old baby girl might work to my advantage.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I do not get a new job anytime soon this should be fairly easy for me, often watched the first couple of sessions of Australian tests last year without any of the motivation which comes with the ashes, late shifts might mean missing a few opening sessions though.

Really hope to have at least an internship by the start of January, so that should coincide just nicely.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just have Sky Player on my laptop, is pretty expensive but will be well worth the price this winter. (and there may well be sign up deals, I got mine for cheap during ashes last year)

Does have an occasional tendency to **** up but that is normally only on big football matches.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
How? I can listen to the radio, that's it.
The two ways round it are:
- convinving step-father to remove my internet time out
- finding £20 a month to fund a Sky Sports subscription and getting mother to agree to setting up a direct debit to her account.
Removing your step-dad? Is this an option? :p

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man up you ****s.

None of you will want to watch after day one Gabba anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Staying up past 12am to watch #4 in the world take on #5 in the world.

You're keen as mustard. True lovers of cricket, it must be said. :ph34r:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Follow on Cricinfo and on weekend’s stream in an internet bar or watch in a bar. First session (except Perth) starts before 9am Chinese time. Followed South Africa in Aus fairly easily last time around but my job then was more flexible and my internet connection at home was good.