• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think for the first day at Perth I'm going to get up at about 6am to catch the last few hours, then work my sleeping pattern round that. Probably much healthier to be getting up early as opposed to staying up late.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perth does pose some problems, going to have to see what hours I am working before making a decision, likely just to stay up though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
A couple of the kids in one of the boarding houses found me on Monday morning to tell me that they'd set their alarms and sneaked downstairs to catch the evening session's play.

Given that they're the two boys whose cricket I have had the greatest input into over the last two years, I can't help but feel I'm doing something right. I've challenged them to get up even earlier for Perth and then to pull the all-nighters during the holidays.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
A couple of the kids in one of the boarding houses found me on Monday morning to tell me that they'd set their alarms and sneaked downstairs to catch the evening session's play. Given that they're the two boys whose cricket I have had the greatest input into over the last two years.

Clearly I am doing something right. I've challenged them to get up even earlier for Perth and then to pull the all-nighters during the holidays.
Nice.

Perth is definately the easiest fixture to watch from the UK, simply a case of the earlier you get up, the more cricket you watch, rather than simply going on all night. I'm sure I can manage at least one full night at the weekend like I did with Adelaide, and try and rise around 4am for the other days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The problem with Perth is that the final session overlaps with work.

Although I have day five booked off work, so I can live with that on days one and two I guess.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
IIRC 'On-street Entertainment' is far more prevalent in Australia than it is here. Seem to remember there was always some guy with a big piano in the centre of perth.

Unfortunately I've had to cancel my days I had booked off for Thursday and Friday this week, will probably just get up at 5:10 and watch a session before work then listen to the final session on the radio.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Getting up just after the lunch break seemed ok for me so will probably repeat over the next few days, shame I missed the opening session though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah 6am works for me, can watch an hour and a half when working or the rest of the day at the weekend.

Looking forward to a lie in on Sunday.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fell asleep around the time of the 4th wicket, not entirely sure when that was, but woke up at 8am and felt like death. Will need to get some more sleep from somewhere in the next 24 hours.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Struggling badly.

Tomorrow's a massive day, one of those where I'd instinctively be staying up till the start of play and then up till at least lunch, but what with the Perth timezone and all, I'll have to go to bed, get to sleep an hour before the start of play, wake up feeling like crap at 5.15am to find England at a ho-hum 105-3 which isn't worth either getting out of bed for or sinking back into sleep for, and then spend the rest of the day suffering like **** and wondering how I'm going to manage to watch the 3rd day's play

Howe_zat

Audio File
Slept 2-6pm today. Basically grabbing sleep whenever I can manage it, schedule is utterly fobar.

Just realised I haven't missed a ball since day 4 of Brisbane. Clearly I am the sole reason for England's success.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Slept 2-6pm today. Basically grabbing sleep whenever I can manage it, schedule is utterly fobar.

Just realised I haven't missed a ball since day 4 of Brisbane. Clearly I am the sole reason for England's success.
****ing glory hunter. I saw every ball of day 3 - the hard yards, those, mate - and now you're just cashing in on my hard work.